• Breaking News

    Friday, November 12, 2021

    Xbox - SCAM ALERT: Beware of fake websites selling the Xbox Series X for less than list price ($500)

    Xbox - SCAM ALERT: Beware of fake websites selling the Xbox Series X for less than list price ($500)


    SCAM ALERT: Beware of fake websites selling the Xbox Series X for less than list price ($500)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:08 PM PST

    If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

    With the Xbox Series X still in very high demand and extremely short supply, scammers are creating phony (but very realistic looking) shopping websites this holiday season. These scam shopping sites will take credit card or PayPal information, then deliver either nothing or something that is valueless. They often advertise absurdly low prices - such as an Xbox Series X for $149.99.

    No store will sell the Xbox Series X for $149.99. Don't be gullible. This is a scam.

    Scam web stores are almost always newly created - less than 2 months old and sometimes just a few days old. My recommendation is avoid any commerce website that is less than 1 year old. A WHOIS lookup of the domain name will show you the date that the domain name was registered. https://www.whois.com/whois/ works very well as a WHOIS lookup service.

    Here's a WHOIS lookup of a phony scam web store that was registered yesterday!
    https://www.whois.com/whois/videogamemdb.com

    The Better Business Bureau offers some tips on How to Avoid Online Purchase Scams: https://www.bbb.org/article/news-releases/23422-bbb-scam-alert-fake-deals-on-gaming-consoles-trick-holiday-shoppers

    • Research the company you plan to purchase from thoroughly. Purchase items from sellers you already know and trust. If you decide to purchase from an unfamiliar online store, research other customers' experiences to see if you find anything concerning. The BBB recommends searching the company's name followed by "scam" to view any possible complaints.

    • Don't buy from any stores that do not have legitimate contact information like a phone number or support chat. Sites with nothing but a simple email form for support should be avoided. Mod note: Look up their contact address in Google Maps. If it's a residential or college address, AVOID!

    • Avoid impulse buying. Scammers will use urgent-sounding language to hook you into buying without thinking. Avoid sites with "special promotions" or "flash sales," which can be red flags for brand new items.

    • Don't believe prices that are too good to be true. Before you start shopping, find out the console's retail price and compare the deal to the average reseller price. Heavy discounts on a rare item are obvious signs of a scam.

    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/holiday-online-fraud-ho-ho-oh/

    submitted by /u/GoGoGadgetReddit
    [link] [comments]

    rate the setup

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:36 PM PST

    How it feels to use Xbox Gamepass in the cloud in Australia

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:20 AM PST

    Celebrating countdown to Xbox20 by creating illustration of my favorite Xbox Exclusives till the big day, done 2 so far, hope you like it!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:03 AM PST

    This game is absolutely stunning. I’m in awe.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 08:40 AM PST

    [FH5] This game just looks so good (Series X, performance mode)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:26 AM PST

    Don't know if I'd call Halo MCC a bite sized game...

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:14 AM PST

    Worth getting a Series S instead of a Series X?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:43 AM PST

    I've been looking to pick up a Series X for a while but they're still pretty much non existent whilst the Series S is readily available, so I'm swaying towards the latter.

    It's basically just going to be a Horizon 5 machine for my bedroom, I currently play it on PC on a beefy rig but I'd like to be able to just kick back, turn the machine on and be in the game without jumping through hoops.

    Is the visual difference between the S and X noticeable enough to be jarring? Is the X really worth the price difference? (assuming I can find one)

    Would also be using it with a CX 55.

    submitted by /u/Llama-Lamp-
    [link] [comments]

    Free game pass code

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:30 PM PST

    7C4HP-7PKDQ-6KTPJ-GW9YC-VJXYZ

    I got it free with discord nitro but I dont own an xbox

    submitted by /u/Hungry320
    [link] [comments]

    Of these three, which one do you like the most? I have a green one and an original as well, so I am used to these controllers.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:31 PM PST

    Xbox and Gucci collaboration

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:34 PM PST

    Xbox's twitter account has randomly been deactivated

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:36 PM PST

    Why did this game fall so hard and so fast?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:58 PM PST

    Every minute of this game is breathtaking (Series S, Quality mode)

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 12:31 PM PST

    Anyone else has a problem when pressing the upper right corner of the dpad on the new Forza controller? Got it replaced, still hard to get the input registered.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:49 AM PST

    Found this in my room I think it's still good. it's only for new users. GTQP7-4 TXJK-9697W-3JXHM - XRFQZ

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 02:08 PM PST

    Game won’t update?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 01:25 PM PST

    I'm trying to update a game and it's stuck at 36.1. I've tried regarding my Xbox and turning off automatic update. The game is over watch if that has any correlation. What should I do?

    submitted by /u/_Tornblue
    [link] [comments]

    Best budget TV?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 06:55 AM PST

    In the US. I have a budget of $750 and I need to get a family room TV. What do folks recommend?

    submitted by /u/onepostandbye
    [link] [comments]

    A compilation of my favourite Japanese Xbox commercials

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 08:48 AM PST

    Series X controller dead?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 09:26 AM PST

    I posted this a couple days ago, but it was a bit late at night. Posting again for visibility.

    Finally worked up the nerve to start the Outer Wilds DLC on pc and about an hour in my batteries died. I replaced them, but my controller wouldn't come back on (no lights, just dead.) I remembered that I had a similar issue last time I switched batteries. At least, now that I think back, I'm not sure if it was a battery issue because I remember thinking that there should've been plenty more charge in my batteries left. Anyhow, I had fixed the problem by plugging into my pc, though it didn't work immediately. (I recall that on the attempts that didn't work, I heard a buzzing noise coming from the controller in the area of the connection port.) That didn't work this time and it still won't turn on.

    I got the controller shortly after they released last year. Anyone else have this problem or know a solution?

    Idk if it matters, but I hadn't used my controller in a little while. I've had long periods where I use the controller a lot or not at all. In a thread I found somewhere else online, someone said they had a similar issue after not using their controller for a while. A commenter in that thread mentioned their controller died around the six month mark of using it.

    submitted by /u/cosmicdaddy_
    [link] [comments]

    Game pass

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:49 PM PST

    I just got game pass today mostly just for forza horizon 5. What are some other games on it worth playing? I'm thinking of playing the doom series soon. I'm into fps and driving stuff.

    submitted by /u/AdComfortable8467
    [link] [comments]

    360 to Series S

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:27 PM PST

    Is it possible to install 360 disc games to the 360's hard drive and then transfer that install to a Series S? Asking because I don't want to repurchase my existing collection on the S, and the Series X is hard to find.

    submitted by /u/Illustrious-Ticket11
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Series X controller not staying on

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 03:13 PM PST

    Earlier this year, around March, I got myself one of the shock blue Xbox Series X controllers. I used this for a few months with my Xbox One until I built a PC. Since then, I've primarily used it on my computer. Although, I've ran into an issue where the controller will not stay on. When I hold down the power button, the light flicks on as it would normally but abruptly shuts off. If I hold down the power button for the normal amount of time it would take to turn on a controller, it will only do this once. If I hold it down for longer, it will light up as normal and abruptly shut off for as long as I hold it. Does anyone know a solution to fix this?

    submitted by /u/Alien_Biscuit
    [link] [comments]

    Why do my games look way to dark ?

    Posted: 11 Nov 2021 05:03 PM PST

    Monitor "out of range" error

    Posted: 12 Nov 2021 11:16 AM PST

    I just bought myself an xbox series s, and Ive been playing on it for a bit. I havent been at my own place until now so I havent been able to try my own monitor. Now that I do I get out of range message. Ive tried starting xbox in safe mode by holding sync button, and Ive tried changinf hz on monitor but nothing works. Im out of solutions and looking here for help now

    submitted by /u/TobbeNME
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment