• Breaking News

    Friday, December 6, 2019

    Xbox 360 - Well that’s probably not good

    Xbox 360 - Well that’s probably not good


    Well that’s probably not good

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 06:32 PM PST

    2TB SSD on Xbox 360?

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:02 PM PST

    Most places couldn't answer my questions. Upon searching on this sub i got a few answers. I'm thinking about upgrading my 500GB 2.5" Internal HDD to a 2TB SSD internally. Note that I own a JTAGed system.

    But I want the assurance that the extra cost of a SSD for speed is actually worth it. That boot times and in-game loading times are massively improved. Seen one video of someone loading Skyrim on HDD vs SSD and i think that small jump in itself is worth it. But having first hand experience from other people would be more encouraging. And that the life of the Drive is all but permanent. I remember my first 320GB drive dying on me one day while playing Crysis 2... I remember that gut wrenching feeling. That was a bad day. Don't want that happening again.

    Many of you with a large game collection know that 500GB is all but chump change for a library over 150 games or so. Although I mostly keep games that I actually boot and play on the drive, the convenience of having my entire 360 collection with the Kinect and games I play for my Friends and Relatives, and also that the Discs don't get worn over time.

    Please do Reply. Thank you!

    submitted by /u/abbasraza24
    [link] [comments]

    New Xbox 360 Kronos and Upgrade

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 07:29 PM PST

    I totally regret selling my PHAT white Jasper console after college. Had a Xenon that RROD before that. I got a slim eventually, but this was the last console that I actually had nostalgia for. Found someone giving away a dead Xenon and saw a new in box Arcade console on eBay, which had the Kronos/Jasper V2 motherboard and decided to do a little project. About 10 years too late, but I'm happy with the result and some regret is lifted off my shoulders. Process detailed with pics below.

    1. Take copper heat sinks out of this Xenon, which had the GPU extension, and put them in the new one. They switched to all aluminum after the die shrinks to save money. Pasted with Arctic Silver.
    2. Add additional small heatsinks to the exposed RAM and chipsets that actually get hot. There was room for thermal pads on the other RAM chips beneath the GPU heatsink, but I figured that would get a lot hotter than the RAM so I didn't want to risk transferring heat to the RAM.
    3. Extended the fan shroud. Main issue is that the fan shroud design had a lot of air completely bypass the heatsinks due to all the space in between them and the shroud. Also added a divider between the CPU/GPU fans, otherwise it would suck all air from the CPU side due to the larger space/less resistance. I think this was a major design flaw and is basic science. And no, cardboard won't catch on fire at shutdown temps.
    4. Replaced Delta fan with a Nidec one so the console is very quiet. They don't move as much air as the loud Delta fans, but hopefully the other mods will help negate that. Also, never playing it vertically.
    5. Replaced DVD bezel with chrome one from the Xenon for the "Premium" launch model aesthetic.
    6. Added 120GB matching HDD to make it "Elite". Transferred most content back to this.

    Imgur

    submitted by /u/SlayerSEclipse
    [link] [comments]

    Thinking of getting a little collection going.

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 03:46 AM PST

    What are some must have xbox 360 only titles? I'm almost done my collection for ps3 and now want to start on 360! Thanks

    submitted by /u/DemiDivine
    [link] [comments]

    I’m looking for the name of this show I used to watch with my mate on Xbox

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 01:29 PM PST

    It was these two guys talking about games and stuff. That's pretty much all the info I can remember. When I hear the name I'll remember it! Please help!

    submitted by /u/skinceclayton
    [link] [comments]

    Can someone help me out here? My usb sd card reader isnt being read. I have a lot of data on it from games and would prefer to not lose it. It was working fine a few days ago.

    Posted: 05 Dec 2019 11:46 PM PST

    Gotta Unsub

    Posted: 06 Dec 2019 08:16 AM PST

    Sorry fam but all these lonely, check out what I picked up, posts are sad. Congrats. There are many 360 games that are good but, it's like going to a computer sub and flashing your new game that'll run on your 486. It's a legacy system. Accept it. Anyway, I'm out. Gonna sub to r/NES where people aren't delusional.

    submitted by /u/the-pessimist
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment