• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 6, 2021

    Xbox One - More facts by Xbox

    Xbox One - More facts by Xbox


    More facts by Xbox

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 12:38 PM PST

    Huh.. what’s this?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:03 AM PST

    Changing the thermal paste is harder than some people describe it

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:32 PM PST

    I just want to alert people. Just because it's easy for someone it might not be easy for you.
    I have successfully done it, everything works, and the old thermal paste was dry so overall it was worth it.
    But this is nowhere a "medium difficulty" or "if you repaired a PC it's easy" thing.
    I have repaired for example PCs, laptops, controllers, but this was the most f***ed up experience for such a small thing.

    Long story:

    I used the iFixit Teardown guide and the iFixití Heatsink replacement guide in the end as I had a hard time finding a usable guide for this. The heatsink replacement guide is described as difficult. Not easy. Difficult. I thought following the heatsink guide will be a good idea, my job is there.

    Even prying the black bottom was a pain in the ass and I only managed to get it down with a minor crack. I broke 2 plastic pry tools in the process and used a metal flathead in the end.

    Then the disassembly. You'd think you do not need to take apart the whole console for a thermal paste replacement. You're wrong. The heatsink replacement guide for example fails to tell you that you have to remove the IR and WiFi modules. But in exchange it tells you to in step 5 to pry away the metal rivets. What?! It's lucky I realized it's bullshit and only pried one of them.
    Then you resort to the teardown guide and keep thinking, is this really the thing to follow? These guys took apart the console for the first time. Do I really have to do all of this? Answer: yes.

    When you finally get to the heatsink. That motherf***ing clamp. It's so stiff there's really no other way but to use metal. You even see metal in the pictures in the guides. But they tell you, no no, use plastic! I managed to get it down but God I was thinking of stopping there. I feared I'd scratch the motherboard and the console is dead. Then the same for getting it back.

    The reassembly was relatively easy and to my surprise everything still works.

    What I learned:

    1. This console feels like it's not meant to be opened up by consumers.
    2. There is a relatively high risk of damaging something and ruining the whole console.
    3. It's hard to find a usable guide. Guides can have flaws.

    Overall:

    If I had known it's so f***ed up I wouldn't have started it. I won't touch it for another 2 years that's for sure.

    I don't know if people want to feel good about themselves by telling it's easy or they're delusional.

    I also got thinking, if thermal paste can be an issue and should be replaced, shouldn't it be more accessible for the average consumer?

    submitted by /u/otisonoza
    [link] [comments]

    Rarest fish in the game and a trophy version

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:25 PM PST

    I'd love to see this become backwards compatible as well as other LOTR games as there is hardly any on the store :/

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:10 PM PST

    Xbox OG Remix Theme

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:47 PM PST

    I just finished Resident Evil with Jill. Last I played was RE7. I have to admit I enjoyed it far more than I expected. This is survival horror in this purest form. The audio design is so eerie at times. The prerendered background makes it so modern looking. Did players loved it back in the GCN days?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 01:56 AM PST

    Late to the party, but the Resident Evil 2 remake is an absolute gem.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:47 AM PST

    I've just finished my run-through "B" as Claire. This game has so much content, it's kind of ridiculous. I'd definitely recommend this to anyone.. even people who scare easily. It is quite spooky, but the puzzles will keep you fighting through. It helps that the rewards system bought this game for me. Solid 10/10 experience!

    submitted by /u/6foot8
    [link] [comments]

    Bloober Team's "new big project" will introduce combat, but it's definitely still horror

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:20 AM PST

    Whoever runs the Xbox Game Pass For PC Twitter account likes to watch Hololive

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:17 PM PST

    Here’s a code for 2 week game pass for someone! I don’t need it, so might as well make someone’s day:)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:46 PM PST

    This is what 3 years of keeping your Xbox (One S) in a semi dusty place does to your console. Keep your setup clean boys.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 10:23 AM PST

    TIL How To Install Oblivion GOTY On The XB1

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:17 AM PST

    I bought the GOTY edition of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion thinking it would be like any of the other 360 GOTY editions I own, put the second disk in the XB1 and download the update, no such luck.

    Searched on Google and here and still no answer, even the Bethesda support article was incorrect.

    Here is how to install it for others with the same problem.

    • Install disc one (it will download an update)
    • Remove disc one and put disc two in
    • Highlight the Oblivion game icon
    • Press start and select 'See in Microsoft Store'
    • Scroll down the page to find the game add ons
    • Select Knights of the Nine and it will give you the option to install it
    • Select Shivering Isles and it will give you the option to install it

    Hope this helps others

    submitted by /u/Necrospire
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know if the demo disks from the old Xbox magazine work on Xbox 360?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:11 PM PST

    I found some on ebay and was curious to check a few out, but I don't have an original xbox

    submitted by /u/soliddrake83
    [link] [comments]

    14 day Gamepass giveaway (missing letter is the first letter of my username)

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 08:35 AM PST

    Open world games

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 07:19 AM PST

    I love to play open world games and enjoy them but I'm struggling to find some I've played assasins creed,mincraft,gta,watch dogs and some others. What else is there?

    submitted by /u/FuTure_FLOW4
    [link] [comments]

    CoD asking me to purchase game again even though I already own it?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:53 PM PST

    Select button not working

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 06:06 PM PST

    Hello, I have a standard xbox one controller I rarely use; and today when I was playing and I tried to press select, it did not work. The warranty is definitely gone on it and I don't have the funds to buy another one, so I'm wondering if there's any way to fix it? I'm hoping somebody who ran into the same problem can point me in the right direction. Thanks a bunch in advance everyone.

    submitted by /u/hennessyvngod
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody Else Consistently Getting Logged Out Of YouTube?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 04:33 AM PST

    I wouldn't say I have this problem often. Maybe about two times a month. But every so often, when I open up YouTube, I have to completely log back in to my account. Sometimes just hitting the sign in button from the subscription tab will auto-sign me back in, but other times, I have to do it through browser.

    This isn't a big issue, but holy Hell does it get annoying after a while. I haven't logged out. I haven't changed any passwords. It's on my own Xbox profile. There's absolutely no reason why I should have to fix a problem that shouldn't BE a problem to begin with, and especially not at this frequency.

    submitted by /u/Pink_Buddy
    [link] [comments]

    How often should you clean your xbox one?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:35 PM PST

    I've had my Xbox one for a while now and earlier today I accidentally spilled a little tea on it, it wasn't much and the console is dry now, but after getting it dry, I noticed how dirty it was and wanted to try and clean all the dust from the inside, so for the past 30 minutes I've been going at it with a cloth and some q-tips to clean it and thought of this question.

    submitted by /u/Sorrylemmings895
    [link] [comments]

    Big Ooblets update out today

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:46 PM PST

    Season 1, Week 4, Madden 21 Current Gen Xbox League, TFG rosters, TFGO Style rules, plenty of teams open. Join the discord if you’re interested.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 09:31 PM PST

    I cannot recommend Project Winter enough!

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 02:34 AM PST

    It just released on Game Pass and this game completely blows my mind. Seriously, give it a try! If you feel lost then visit r/Project_Winter to get a glimpse of what to do in the game.

    If you ever played any Mafia/Town of Salem type of game you will feel like at home, trust me!

    submitted by /u/starboy_here
    [link] [comments]

    My girlfriend made a six using salt dough. Excited for the sequel

    Posted: 06 Feb 2021 05:27 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment