• Breaking News

    Friday, January 22, 2021

    Xbox - Update on Xbox Live Gold Pricing - Xbox Wire

    Xbox - Update on Xbox Live Gold Pricing - Xbox Wire


    Update on Xbox Live Gold Pricing - Xbox Wire

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:17 AM PST

    Look, I completely understand why they’ve raised the price for Xbox Live. However, I don’t think people are fully comprehending how expensive this is considering all the other things people pay for every year. $60 to $120 is just a huge jump for many people.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:16 AM PST

    Yes, I 100% understand why they've raised their prices.

    Game Pass is a success, and they're going to continue to add more and more games over time.

    However, straight up jacking up the general Xbox Live subscription because of this is just a bit much of you ask me.

    Yes, game pass is a very good deal. Yes, EA play and all those bundles are very good.

    But the moral of the story...not everyone wants those things....we just want to play online.

    I repeat...Not everyone wants Game Pass or EA Play, etc, we just want to play online.

    $120 a year may be nothing to some people, but it's a huge deal to many of us. We already pay for other subscriptions and bills, so essentially once our subscriptions expire we now have to add an additional $60 onto our finances every year.

    I'm sorry, regardless of how good the game pass is, I don't see how people are defending spending more money just to play video games online.

    We just want to play games, period.

    Game Pass is a bonus if you genuinely want to experience that and have money to do that. But not everyone wants Game Pass or all the other stuff.

    And for people who continue to defend this...realize that now video games are $70 going into 2021, and now Xbox Live is $120 a year going forward. That's a huge chunk of money now going toward Xbox Live ALONE.

    Many people MAY have the money, but $120 IS a huge deal considering we live in a world where everyone has a streaming platform or offers subscriptions.

    Some people just but 1-5 games then play those for the year. Hell, some people play games from years ago and only buy one game every year or so.

    I get the business decision, I truly do. But as a consumer, it's just ridiculous to have to pay more to play online when we all pay a ridiculous amount for internet as it is.

    Again, I understand it business wise. I just don't think we all have to suffer because of the Game Pass.

    If they gave us an option to buy one year of Game Pass for $100 then I'd be cool, but Jesus bumping everyone's bill up is kind of a gut punch.

    submitted by /u/VibeMeThere
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Live

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:58 AM PST

    Microsoft has raised the price of Xbox Live. I said this before but Gamepass and Live needs to be completely merged. It's crazy that these consoles requires you pay for online, especially when Microsoft also requires you pay in free to play games.

    submitted by /u/MagicalWorker
    [link] [comments]

    GWG February 2021

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:34 AM PST

    Loving the new controller

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 05:50 AM PST

    [Xbox Support] If you’re an existing online 12-month or 6-month Xbox Live Gold member, there’s no price change. If you choose to renew your membership, it will renew at your current price.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:12 AM PST

    New Games with Gold for February 2021 Announced

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:21 AM PST

    I’m glad these games are hitting Game Pass on day one, but the app showing them out of order is bothering me more than it should.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:38 AM PST

    Does Xbox listen to their fans/community? No hate just a thought.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:05 AM PST

    So Xbox today announced that the price for XBL Gold is increasing. For me personally I'm just like whatever n stuff bc I've been on gamepass for a while now BUT I'm just thinking about those who don't care about gamepass and just want to play online. They pretty much got slapped in the face. A lot of people are threatening to switch to PlayStation from what I've been seeing. Idk why Xbox really did this. I have a few friends that only play warzone, apex, or a game that isn't even in gamepass and they most definitely don't wanna pay $120 a year or $60 for 6 months. It just seems really anti-consumer after all that Xbox has done this year to make fans come back or more excited for the future. I understand they want to get rid of XBL Gold but increasing the price of it to make people get gamepass isn't a consumer friendly idea. Imo they should just make online multiplayer free then have gamepass be the de facto service of Xbox. If Xbox listens to their fans/community, then they should know this isn't the best move to make people get on gamepass. I hope that they do something about this bc Xbox has been getting praise for gamepass and is starting to regain their footing after a not so successful Xbox One era. I can say that gamepass is worth it but I really feel bad for players who just want to play online. Do you guys think Xbox should reverse or alter the way they're handling this? What are your thoughts?

    submitted by /u/iamjujuuuuu
    [link] [comments]

    Can we take a second and praise the Series controller D-Pad?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:39 AM PST

    TL;DR Good job on the D-Pad Microsoft!

    As someone who was very skeptical of the design going in, I have been pleasantly surprised by the new circular D-Pad on the Series controller. The smooth movement and clicky response is really marvelous. The circular design makes diagonals not awkward. Even better is that the concave design of the cross means that you have two ways to use it: one by resting the middle of your thumb in the center and nudging in the desired direction; the other by bending the thumb and precisely pressing on your desired direction. Either playstyle is viable.

    I grew up with a Sega Genesis, and I can say that Microsoft's controller is about as close as a modern console controller has gotten to the six button Genesis gamepad, which still stands as one of the best controllers ever made. Maybe I am biased, and some may still prefer the cross design standardized by Nintendo back with the NES, but I honestly think this D-Pad is better than that design's spiritual successors in the form of the Switch Pro Controller or the Dualsense/DualShock 4. Not sure if others hold the same opinion, but I strongly approve of the change.

    submitted by /u/Ironmike62
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft just did an Activision with this new change...

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:57 AM PST

    So CoD Modern Warfare was a massive hit, arguably one of the best CoD in last 7-8 years. Then came CoD Cold War, which is absolute trash and outdated in comparison to MW. Looks like 6-8 years old CoD. But since Activison gotta milk them somehow cuz they ain't getting the userbase, instead of improving the bad game, they started degrading the good game for ppl to switch on to the new one. They started integrating CW ads, battelpasses nd all that bullcrap in MW thus runing the game experience. So just like that, MS wants ppl to switch to Ultimate and for that to happen they just hiked the price for Gold subcription. Ruining a perfectly good product to force people to switch over to their next product. Dick move imo.

    Thanks for coming to my ted talk.

    submitted by /u/UglyDucklingTaken
    [link] [comments]

    Free xbox game pass 14 days. Wouldn't work on my account so see if it works on yours!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 10:11 AM PST

    Is the Gold price change effective immediately?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 08:45 AM PST

    Is this effective immediately? My subscription runs out like in two days. I'd upgraded to game pass (which cancelled my regular gold subscription) to try some games but was planning to buy regular gold when I ran out. It isn't letting me buy more gold or game pass time atm, I assume I have to wait until it runs out. I saw that the price won't change for current subscribers but when I check my subscriptions it says my gold is cancelled (because I'm currently on ultimate). How much will I have to pay?

    submitted by /u/Wafflelord6969
    [link] [comments]

    Netflix and Hulu not displaying correctly on Series X. Can't seem to figure out a fix

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:16 PM PST

    Costco Still Has 24-Month Gold Subscriptions for $95

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:08 PM PST

    I agree that the price hike sucks! However, you can still get a 24-month reload on you Gold subscription for only $95. I just bought one through costco.com and received my code in about an hour. I have already redeemed it and I'm good for Gold for the next two years.

    Edit: As noted below, you have to be a Costco member to buy this item. Thanks for reminding me!

    submitted by /u/Trainwreck800
    [link] [comments]

    Free to Play games shouldn't need xbox live in order to play.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:06 PM PST

    Xbox is the only platform where you have to pay to play Fortnite. Isn't it about time they changed this business model?

    submitted by /u/fairyjars
    [link] [comments]

    Can I buy Live codes right now and use them after 2 years? The prices have gone up but Amazon still has 12 year codes for cheap!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:12 AM PST

    So, should I buy them? I have Ultimate till 2022 so I'll use the codes after that!

    submitted by /u/nittywitty450
    [link] [comments]

    Do digital codes for Gold subscriptions expire?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    With the upcoming price increases to Gold subscriptions, I was curious whether I could stock up on subscription codes now and redeem them in a year or two.

    I just redeemed a 24 month code earlier this week and converted it to GPU, and now I wish I would have redeemed 36 months instead.

    Can I buy more Gold cards now and still have them be viable two years or more from now?

    submitted by /u/DrNopeMD
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox series x controller problem, every single time I put new batteries in, the Xbox controller doesn’t reconnect and only reconnects if I reset the actual Xbox console. This is frustrating as if I’m in an online server I can’t do anything about it. Please help

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 06:33 AM PST

    Free 2 week ultimate game pass. Didby realize the code was one the outside of the box so I hope it wasnt redeemed by someone in the store. Hopefully someone can get some fun out of it.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 09:08 AM PST

    Can't redeem different region codes

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 12:31 PM PST

    I've bought codes due to the fact that the gold codes are doubling up in price. I've bought codes for different regions as I'm a college student and afford to spend too much. I'm trying to redeem using a vpn but I can't get it to work. Any help or will I see if I can contact Microsoft support to see if they'll be considerate and help me out.

    submitted by /u/therealcym
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone having issues with xbox party and game chat?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 11:58 AM PST

    Has anyone else recently begun to have issues with the xbox party and in game chat on the xbox? I can join a party but can't hear anyone and they can't hear me, same with game chat. The mic and controller still work as I can use the app on my phone with the mic and have tried other controllers. I've also checked privacy settings and they're all open, as is the NAT type.

    Has anyone experienced similar or may know a solution? I'm out of ideas.

    submitted by /u/Mattazo
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Walmart taking Xbox All Access orders now!!!

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 07:45 AM PST

    Home Screen Ads

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 01:56 AM PST

    For the few fleeting seconds when I first boot up my Xbox and the god awful ads haven't loaded in yet I realize how great and sleek the current U.I. could look like.

    submitted by /u/JarlJoejon
    [link] [comments]

    Controller issues.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2021 02:10 PM PST

    I'm using the xbox series x and it's worked fine until this morning when the controller randomly began scrolling to the top left of the menu. Now I've had this issue before on the xbox one but it was an easy fix. I've been trying for most of the day and it seems to just be this one controller. It was working in the midafternoon when playing rdr2 however near the end of my play session it began randomly pressing bottons on the d-pad. I've got no spare controllers and during a pandemic I was really hoping to be able to use my consol so any help would be greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/witness_of_life
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment