• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Xbox 360 - Blades still live on with the Xbox LIVE Arcade Compliation Disc

    Xbox 360 - Blades still live on with the Xbox LIVE Arcade Compliation Disc


    Blades still live on with the Xbox LIVE Arcade Compliation Disc

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    It wasn't as cheap as I would've liked but I was able to snag a new, still sealed, Halo 4 Limited Edition controller. I'm happy with the end result.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 06:41 PM PDT

    I made a 360 controller website for all the official variants I have found. Also has tips.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Achieved a collecting goal today

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:02 PM PDT

    When you think your life can’t get any worst.. It finally happened, one fucking day before traveling and one day after fighting with my dad. My only form of calming my anxiety is now dead. If anyone knows if it can be just some easy fix, I’d like some help, thanks in advance!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 01:07 PM PDT

    Does the HDD enclosure (for og/phat consoles) use regular Torx T6 or Security Torx T6?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:35 PM PDT

    Xbox 360 controller wireless lag vs. wired

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    How much of a difference in lag do these controllers have from competitive or personal experience. I know there is a photo that tells you online, but I want personal opinions from people if you have are able to compare them. I just got a wireless 360 controller and dongle coming in mail, and I'm curios to whether I should have gotten a wired one. I got a Cronus max so I can hook it up to my Xbox one too.

    submitted by /u/Imagamer435
    [link] [comments]

    My 360 collection so far. Rush to EDF were free. Very fun to collect these games!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:13 AM PDT

    Any Wierd Encounters With People Online Back In The Day?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:21 PM PDT

    I've got a few, but i remember one specifically from rdr 1's multiplayer. There was this guy that owned a clan composed entirely of kids. I remember one day he asked me and a few other kids online at the time for their addresses so he could "send them games". Even as a kid that seemed kinda strange to just give my address out to some guy online ,so i didnt, but i know that some of those kids did. He might've just been a nice guy, but that just seems like an odd thing to do

    submitted by /u/CHOOSETHEHARDLINE
    [link] [comments]

    Zephyr: Power Consumption Tested, 10nm Difference Explored

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:24 PM PDT

    A while ago, I posted this thread asking if anyone had any info on the power consumption of Zephyr. I was interested in this after Octal informed me that Zephyr consoles used 80nm GPUs (while retaining the 90nm CPU. EDRAM as well maybe?), instead of the 90/90/90 chips that most of the internet would have you believe (although wiki pages seem to have been corrected since I last looked, at least).

    I wondered how much difference 10nm would make, but websites with power usage data either lumped Xenon and Zephyr together, or excluded Zephyr for what I imagine to be assuming it's the same.

    Today, I think I will be the first to provide detailed numbers for Zephyr. My tiny, pointless contribution to the Xbox 360's unusually interesting hardware timeline.

    The console tested is the Halo 3 360 I got back in February; a July 2007 Zephyr.

    Task Power Usage
    Standby 3.15W
    Powering On (Boot-up Animation) 105-110W
    Idle, No Disc Spinning 145W
    Idle, Disc Spinning 153W
    CoD: Black Ops 1 163-171W
    Forza 4 168-175W
    From Dust 171-179W

    Notes:

    • For Black Ops 1, 163-165W seems to be the norm when indoors or against walls. 168-171W when in more open areas.
    • I tested Black Ops 2 as well, but didn't get any pictures (or enough pictures of variations at all, really) since I was rushing, but it seemed to use about 5W more on average, with the "Town" zombies map peaking at 175W.
    • Forza 4 was usually at 170 exact (ignoring decimals). Only goes higher if all opponent cars are close together or you deliberately cause a car pile-up.
    • From Dust consistently used the most power, never dropping below 171W once you've loaded a level. The later "Tears of Stone' level keeps it pretty tight within 175-177W, with only the final level that lets you build freely giving the highest reading of 179W for brief periods.
    • Navigating main menus/no level loaded was around 150-160W for all games.
    • All in all, the low-mid 170s seems to be the most common sight, at least with what I've tested. If I had more time, I would've liked to test some more of the Indie/Arcade games I own, or at least captured more pictures of the variations in power usage.

    Comparing this to the numbers posted by Anandtech here, power usage while gaming places it awfully close to Xenon. They didn't have the newer/more demanding games listed above to test with, and I don't have the games they used either, but I'd say Zephyr uses anywhere from 3-10W less depending on what the console is doing, with the biggest reduction being visible while the console is idle (145W vs 155W).

    So the answer to the question, "how much difference does 10nm make?" Not much, really.

    For a fun little comparison, here's my PS3 Slim (CECH 2500) and PS4 Pro (CUH-7200).

    Task Power Usage
    PS3 Slim (Idle) 72.9W
    PS3 Slim (Crysis 3) 90W
    PS4 Pro (Idle) 67W
    PS4 Pro (God of War 2018) 168.8W

    Amazingly, idle power usage of the PS4 Pro and PS3 combined (~140W) is still lower than the Zephyr 360 idling.

    submitted by /u/acceptxnce
    [link] [comments]

    Is the power ribbon cable required to be connected to the motherboard?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:56 PM PDT

    Help finding a game.

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 07:56 AM PDT

    I remember playing a game very similar to day z. I remember it was called along the lines of apox z. It was an open world indie zombie game with many servers. You looted funded guns pvp. Does anyone know the exact name of the game?

    submitted by /u/the-xbox-player
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox 360 E won't turn on

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:58 PM PDT

    I was gifted a xbox 360 e manufacture date: 2013 June.

    I ordered a new power supply and the light is orange but the console is not turning on at all. Could the motherboard be bad? what do you think?

    submitted by /u/metalhead_789
    [link] [comments]

    360 SLIM help

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    I bought a 360 slim today for $20. It'd been sitting in this guy's garage for 4 years.

    I just got on iFixIt and downloaded the teardown, but other than replacing the thermal paste, is there anything else I should do/replace?

    I read the for the old fat 360 models getting the copper heatsinks was king, and in scrolling through this reddit post I see a lot of slim models are dying - so, anything I can do to prolong the life of this slim model?

    submitted by /u/meow_pew_pew
    [link] [comments]

    Power Problem

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:20 PM PDT

    I dug out my old 360 and bought a power brick off ebay. When I press the on button, the brick light turns red and the xbox immediately shuts off again. Is the problem the xbox or the power source?

    Edit: Also, does it matter that the brick says 15A and 250V but the cable that goes into the outlet says 10 A 125V?

    submitted by /u/FruitPopsicle
    [link] [comments]

    Ive been trying to download de blob 2 on my 360 for hours now. The download just keeps restarting?

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:55 PM PDT

    Is there anything I can do to fix this?

    submitted by /u/revengexgamer
    [link] [comments]

    Help with purchasing games

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 08:09 AM PDT

    I tried purchasing games like Forza and arkham city multiple times but every time i have to put in a country/state it always shows American states. I've changed my location to where I live (South Africa) multiple times but it doesn't work and then i can't purchase games or dlc's. Can someone please help

    submitted by /u/L4Z4RUS50
    [link] [comments]

    This woman's skills at the halo theme tune

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 11:14 AM PDT

    XBOX360 Kinect troubles: advice wanted, error code C00000C2

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 10:57 AM PDT

    At the beginning of the covid lock down, I brought my old XBOX360 out of mothball storage to try to get some exercise in with the Kinect. I got this error message

    A problem has occurred with your Kinect Sensor (C00000C2). A problem has occurred with Kinect. If the problem persists, unplug your sensor and visit www.xbox.com/support.

    Went through what msft support pages were left for the 360, and ended up buying a replacement Kinect refurb unit only to see the same error message.

    I am wondering if maybe rebuilding the XBOX might solve the Kinect issue. Since I've gotten the error message with 2 different Kinect's, whatever has gone wrong is effecting the XBOX terminal itself, either maybe the OS or the Kinect port.

    Any suggests or other thoughts?

    submitted by /u/revmachine21
    [link] [comments]

    Looking to get an external hard drive for my Xbox 360 S. Any tips/suggestions?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 11:31 PM PDT

    Just as the title says. I have different consoles but I want get back into gaming on my on my 360. Through many sales and GWG I've accumulated a hefty collection of digital titles that I would like to play on my 360. I've read 2 TB is the max but some have reported choppy performance on some drives. Can anyone speak on their experience with using their Xbox 360 with an external hard drive? Especially 2 TB since that's probably what I would get. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/DaddyGebel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment