• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Xbox One - State of the Subreddit: Xbox Edition

    Xbox One - State of the Subreddit: Xbox Edition


    State of the Subreddit: Xbox Edition

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:56 PM PST

    Welcome everyone, it's been a while since we've talked about our rules and the state of the subreddit. It's been even longer since those rules were established based on community feedback, as such, it's probably about dang time we do it again. We also have some other topics we'd love to discuss with you!


    Item 1: Rules

    In terms of /r/XboxOne rules, we'd like to talk about things you may or may not want to change. Such as, "I just got this huge Xbox gift," posts that take off and receive 10k upvotes. Originally, these types of posts were voted against being allowed by the community years ago (under the Low-Quality Post rule), we've let a couple slide, especially if they're hours old before catching them. We've done this because we've heard opinions from both sides via comments when we've removed them, or kept them up. While we understand easily digestible content will sometimes take off regardless of quality, it's important to us that we get this right. So we're hear today to lay out a few questions across multiple sub-components of the Low-Quality Post rule.

    A few topic starters on this:

    • Do you want any sub components of the rule added to, removed, or modified?

    • Do you want any of the rules relaxed to an extent, maybe allow unique former LQP content through. This becomes hard as it's then based on what the mods see, but it's something that can be community outlined.

    • Do you simply want these rules adhered to 100% with no relaxed conditions?


    Item 2: Game Pass Club

    After thoroughly talking to /u/ctan23 from this post here, we're bringing the full-fledged Game Pass Club here (I've been wanting to do this since ctan brought this idea up). What an absolutely fantastic idea! Currently, much of the discussion has occurred on a separate forum, and we haven't mentioned it here yet as we don't want to start splitting the community, but everything will move to /r/XboxOne from here on out.

    With that said, here's the proposed outline:

    • Dedicated voting threads, monthly/bi-weekly (as need progresses or changes)

    • Dedicated pre-discussion threads (spoiler-free) along with an announcement post of the winner from the voting thread. The official period for each game discussion will happen over the course of 2-4 weeks, but time to download said product will be thought about prior to the announcement of the game winner from each voting thread. We want you to have ample time to play!

    • Dedicated wiki threads that will have guides for levels, achievements, etc will be created.

    • After the period of play ends, and post-discussion thread will go up. That will be 100% spoilery!

    • All of this will be archived and housed in the wiki as well. That wiki is going to be huge.

    • Members from the previous forum will be joining us in some capacity too. We want people who are compassionate as us to help with such a large project!


    Item 3: Tech threads

    We've heard the cry about tech threads. We completely understand how often they are posted. So we're asking you, what you believe a solution is. As we see it, there are two possible solutions.

    • Megathread: Post them all to a daily/weekly megathread that's not stickied.

    • Create a secondary subreddit to route traffic. This would require community effort in solving cases together, and people would need to purposely go out of their way to said subreddit.

    • Obviously a third option is to leave as is.


    Item 4: Moderators

    Soon we'll be asking for a helping hand in moderation for 2020. Expect apps to go out in a week or so.


    If there's anything else you'd like to discuss, feel free! We look forward to all the feedback we garner.

    submitted by /u/MikeyJayRaymond
    [link] [comments]

    6 years ago we lost touch. Xbox gamers never forget one another.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:21 AM PST

    Flew across a ocean to see friends I made on halo 3 customs almost 13 years ago. So many games played together and so much trash talk.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:22 PM PST

    Obsidian is working on an unknown AAA RPG, The Outer Worlds franchise and Grounded

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:10 AM PST

    Anyone else ever finish a game or DLC and just get stuck on deciding what to play next?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:26 PM PST

    Finished Sam's story, the Metro Exodus DLC, last night. Haven't played anything at all today because I can't decide what single player game to start next.

    Y'all ever run in to this problem?

    submitted by /u/OneLessFool
    [link] [comments]

    Bleeding Edge isn't a 'melee-Overwatch' – it's something else entirely

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:03 AM PST

    I got next

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:24 PM PST

    Control is a seriously gorgeous game (captured on an Xbox One X)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:12 AM PST

    My mic is stuck in mute, I’ve tried everything I can think of besides resetting and looked all over the internet. Is there anything that I could do? It’s been like this for months.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:42 PM PST

    When times were much more simple :(

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Force sync

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:39 PM PST

    I have 2 Xbox ones that I switch between and recently when i went on one of them my Minecraft worlds didn't sync and when I opened the game originally no syncing data pop up came up (Yes I played Minecraft in my other Xbox) is there a way to force sync any game such as Minecraft because I tried deleting my console user data and it didn't try to sync to the other

    submitted by /u/ShiningWolf199
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox ultimate game pass 14 day trial give away

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 03:22 PM PST

    I don't have an Xbox but just bought an Xbox controller for my pc and it came with a code for an ultimate game pass trial for Xbox. I know it's not a huge give away but I figure I'd let it not go to waste. Just leave a comment and I'll pick a random person in 3 hours from when I posted this and pm you the code. Also I have one requirement is your account is at least 30 days old. That might sound silly but even for something like this people will still make multiple accounts just to win.

    Side note the fine print says it won't work for current members of game pass or current Xbox live gold members

    Edit: and the contest is over! Winner has be PMed! Thanks for trying everyone

    submitted by /u/Walnut156
    [link] [comments]

    Brand new mic not working on this controller. There is no audio coming through to my headset. Do I need a new controller?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 04:58 PM PST

    Looks like Torchlight II is having issues with syncing saved data. Just a caution for those that play it.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:45 PM PST

    I've got 2 14 day Gold trials for anyone who wants them. The rest of the codes are in the comments. Enjoy :)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:11 AM PST

    Xbox One X losing WiFi connection?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:38 AM PST

    Hello, so my original Xbox One had water spilled into it about a month so I went a bought an X. Upon first using it I noticed it seemed to have some problems with WiFi. Problems my other Xbox never had. It would connect, work and then at some point just lose connection. I'd go to network settings and it would show it was connected to WiFi but services would be unavailable. Only fix was either rebooting or disconnecting and reconnecting.

    I actually resolved the issue in a way. Tried messing with static IP, port forwarding, and clearing the MAC address. And it stopped doing it entirely pretty much. I thought I was good to go. But now the issue has popped again about a month later. I've tried the same steps but haven't gotten it work consistently. Are there any fixes to this besides hardwired or moving the Xbox closer which aren't an option for me unfortunately.

    I've already done several reboots of router and the Xbox. Static and dynamic IPs is there anything else to look into?

    No other devices in the house have problems and my old Xbox never did this, and my nieces Xbox which is the OG model doesn't do this.

    submitted by /u/BellBilly32
    [link] [comments]

    Is it possible to redeem an xbox one code on a 360

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:12 PM PST

    So I'm getting an xbox one and I have a profile on the 360 that isn't connected to live, and since I figured that the one console would come with a code for 1 month xbox live could I redeem it on the 360? (the account has never been connected to live and is an offline account)

    submitted by /u/halo_cito
    [link] [comments]

    Must have games that aren't already on Game Pass?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:10 PM PST

    I just bought an Xbox One X. Are there any must have games that aren't already on Game Pass?

    submitted by /u/Stacy_Adam
    [link] [comments]

    Dead Island - Free weapons for SAM

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:41 AM PST

    Finished the game for the billionth time and have weapons to give away.

    Online NOW

    Zoomer5475

    submitted by /u/Zoomer5475
    [link] [comments]

    Did the Xbox delist the splinter cell marketplace versions?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 06:14 PM PST

    It was my understanding the first three games on Xbox were released on Xbox live with altered versions, and when the game became backwards compatible as long you had the original disc you had Access to both. I'm installing the disc for the original splinter cell now but I don't see a different version anywhere on the marketplace

    submitted by /u/boogitydogbutt
    [link] [comments]

    Can I pause my game download and continue it somewhere else?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:19 PM PST

    My fallout 76 is at 75% and I have to leave college and go home but I have terrible internet at home and I don't feel like waiting another 40 minutes before I leave. If I pause the download and take my xbox home will it continue where it left off at 75% or start all over?

    submitted by /u/Shhhammannn
    [link] [comments]

    Is HDR possible with 120hz, 1440p/1080p through HDMI 2.0?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:54 PM PST

    Really curious about this because there's a monitor coming out soon I want the Philips 328M1R, and it supports 120hz, but it doesn't have freesync 2 or hdmi 2.1 port. It has 4K, HDR, 120hz, Freesync over HDMI. I know it could do 120hz with 1440p resolution on Xbox One X, but what about HDR? I heard HDR only works if you "Allow 4K" on Xbox, so is this just an Xbox thing or is the monitor actually not capable of HDR when 120hz is active through HDMI 2.0? I feel like it's an Xbox thing but I wanna be sure whether HDR can work with 120hz active through HDMI 2.0. If it can't on Xbox One X, could it theoretically work on Xbox Series X? Any PC users out there able to enable HDR with 120hz, 1440/1080p through HDMI 2.0 and Freesync 1 (AMD graphics card, like Xbox uses)? If you have any insight about this please let me know. Thank you.

    submitted by /u/MasterkillerX
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox gift card for microsoft store windows 10

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:44 PM PST

    I want to know, if it is possible to use a xbox gift card for the microsoft store, in windows 10? I have only cash at the moment, and then i could buy a new game? Does someone know this? And is it possible in all countries? Already thanks for helping.

    submitted by /u/ScaryChicken_ezel
    [link] [comments]

    Samsung C27HG70 native 1440p Xbox one X

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:42 PM PST

    When you set the xbox one x to run at 1440p do games that are stated to run at native 4k in the xbox store ( on a 4k screen ) run at native 1440p or are they upscaled with supersampling on this monitor?

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/TraditionalAirport4
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment