• Breaking News

    Sunday, February 23, 2020

    Xbox - My brother is trying to download an update for fortnite but this keeps happening what do we do

    Xbox - My brother is trying to download an update for fortnite but this keeps happening what do we do


    My brother is trying to download an update for fortnite but this keeps happening what do we do

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:32 AM PST

    Why are there so many dead accounts with no gamer score? Shouldn’t they be removed?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:28 AM PST

    I feel like a bunch of these accounts that seem to have never been used are taking all the good usernames, I would like to have a username without a # after it but of course some account with a default gamer pic that seems to have never been touched has taken that name

    submitted by /u/xPineappIe
    [link] [comments]

    My Xbox 360 has RGH, one day, the game launcher and the games disappeared, xell still launches when I push eject button, what can i do?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:32 AM PST

    $300 Xbox One X with NBA 2k20 and free wired controller.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:43 AM PST

    Using a 4k Hisense roku tv 55R6E. Trying to watch a new 4k ultra blue ray and will not work? Is there anything I can do?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:43 AM PST

    Question about GanePass Ultimate subscription

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 11:22 AM PST

    Sorry if dumb question—can one GamePass Ultimate subscription allow me & my son to each use our own Gamertags for GamePass and Xbox Live?

    Or do we each have to order the service?

    submitted by /u/Roco32373
    [link] [comments]

    Advice for maintaining an Xbox in a public use setting (hospital)

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:43 PM PST

    Hi all,

    I work at a small paediatric ward. We have two consoles in a small lounge and I have been asked to assist with maintaining them. One of them is an xBox One.

    What would be the best and safest way to set it up? A generic xbox account for the unit, with child safety features activated? I've never had a console so I'm not sure how that limits its use. Is it safe to allow visitors to log in with their own accounts? Any advice is greatly appreciated.

    submitted by /u/schmickers
    [link] [comments]

    Seeking Player Responses to a Research Survey about Experiencing Character “Death” in Gaming: My Dissertation

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:43 PM PST

    (This post has been approved by r/xbox moderators.)

    Hello players,

    I am a doctoral student in West Virginia University's Department of Communication Studies. You are invited to participate in a research study (my dissertation, actually) about death in gaming. After completing the study, you can choose to be entered in a drawing to possibly win a $100 gift card for Amazon.com (8 total gift cards will be drawn).

    The purpose of this research is to learn more about how players respond when their video game characters die. I want to hear your personal stories, feelings, and thoughts about witnessing the death of one of your game characters.

    The questionnaire for this study is available online. It will take approximately 25 minutes to complete. Your answers to the questions, and your involvement in the study, will be kept confidential.

    To be eligible to participate in this research you must meet 3 requirements:

    1. You must have played at least one role-playing game with permadeath (e.g., XCOM 2, The Sims 4) in the previous year and experienced the permanent death of a game character. For the purposes of this study, I define permadeath as a game mechanic in which characters who lose all their health effectively die, and cannot be used anymore in subsequent play attempts.

    2. You must have played at least one role-playing game in which you experienced the temporary death of a character (i.e., the death was not permanent). In other words, after the character died you were able to start over and reuse the character in subsequent play attempts (e.g., The Witcher 3, The Outer Worlds).

    3. You must be at least 18 years of age.

    Participation in this research is offered on a first-come, first-serve basis. I hope to enroll approximately 400 video game players in this research. Once a sufficient number of responses have been collected, I will close the study and prevent further participation.

    This study has been acknowledged by West Virginia University's Institutional Review Board, and is on file as Protocol #1912835407. This post has also been approved by this subreddit's moderators.

    Thank you for taking the time to read through this post!

    If you have any questions or concerns, please e-mail me, Mckay Steven West (msw0020@mix.wvu.edu), or, you can contact my research supervisor, Dr. Elizabeth Cohen, Associate Professor of Communication Studies (elizabeth.cohen@mail.wvu.edu).

    Once you have completed the study, we ask that you please avoid talking about the details of the survey in the comments to avoid potentially altering future participants' responses.

    If you wish to participate in this study, please visit the link below to learn the complete details of the study and to fill out the survey:

    https://wvu.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_5z2Ve4iDZ9JUesR

    submitted by /u/mckaywest
    [link] [comments]

    My controller has really bad controller drift what should I do with it?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:34 PM PST

    So my mum’s thinking about playing some Xbox games. Any recommendations?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 09:14 AM PST

    My mum's pretty inexperienced with the console scene and wants to enter the world of Xbox. Does anybody know some good starting games? So far, we have Space Invaders: Infinity Gene, The Sims 4, and Jurassic World: Evolution. I'm primarily looking for some more easy-going games to help ease her in - so no Devil may Cry or Metal Gear. She also has this problem with her left thumb that doesn't allow her to bend it along the joint between the tip and the palm - I forget the name. Other than that, any recommendations would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/BandBoxBrawl
    [link] [comments]

    What's everyone's favorite game on Xbox?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:39 PM PST

    Mine right now is the Forza Series (Playing with Wheel & Shifter) , Horizon and Motorsport for their own reasons. What about you guys?

    submitted by /u/Simfinitee
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft webstore ⚠ warning ⚠

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 02:29 PM PST

    Most everything on the sit is for xbox one. Purchased an add on and can't use it or get it refunded. Theres no warning or notification that the thing your buying is for xb1 If you need something buy it from the console. Hope to save someone a headache. And no support was no help as usual.

    submitted by /u/PandaPunchdU
    [link] [comments]

    With the edition of full backwards compatibility, how do you reckon it will change the value if original and 360 games? This could be a good way for EB games/gamestop to come back a little bit more with the sales of older discs previously traded in.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 10:18 AM PST

    Xbox controller v2 bumpers unresponsive

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:13 AM PST

    My bumpers arnt broke however the rb is very unresponsive right now, near completely useless I have tried blowing on/in it but it hasn't worked.

    submitted by /u/DJBK_
    [link] [comments]

    Weird display bug?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:53 PM PST

    So whenever i boot up my Xbox One X, for some reason. It takes like a bit to warm up lol. Let me explain! Whenever i first boot my xbox, my tv gets slightly staticy. Then about 5 minutes after, it just completely stops.

    What is causing this? Is it my TV or my Xbox?

    submitted by /u/Dankmonn
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller Help

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:44 AM PST

    Trying to request a replacement for my elite series 2 controller but can't find the code (below) for the life of me, looked on the controller and the packaging, does anyone know where it is?

    "Look for the number on the controller in this format: XXXXXXXXXX-XXXXXX (10 digits - 6 digits)."

    Already got the serial number it's just that one i can't find anywhere

    submitted by /u/bilcat3
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to games when you move games to an external hard drive?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 07:33 AM PST

    My brother just got and external hard drive to his xbox one s and when he went to move the games over to the hard drive it warned him that games could be cleared. Is there something to be worried about or is it safe to move games over to the hard drive?

    submitted by /u/s_hort
    [link] [comments]

    Suggestion: 'disable on-screen keyboard' feature

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:49 AM PST

    Allow users to disable the on-screen keyboard in settings if they are using a controller chatpad or keyboard and mouse

    submitted by /u/Free-Purchase
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox one audio help

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 01:00 PM PST

    On my Xbox one s, in any game I play and about every 30 seconds or so my audio makes a really bad distorted noise and I can't seem to figure out what the problem is. This has happened since day one of owning the console. Any help is welcome.

    submitted by /u/tampabaybucs5717
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox "green screen if death" happened to me but its gone. Now my console is SUPER SUPER SLOW

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 05:26 AM PST

    I was trying to play this morning but my xbox was stuck at the green loading screen for a LONG TIME so i decided to have breakfast. After 20 minutes i return and it is still at the screen. I try many different things. Finally my console is turning on but all it is, is a black screen. I wait and i see the time as if its on but km isle. I get so much hope fir my console as i was starting to browse the prices of a new xbox one. Now everything works BUT everything takes to long and CANNOT OPEN so i am just stuck at the xbox home screen. I can post a video if necessary. Please help me on this

    Update : My console is starting to going into the settings and can go to the xbox guide now. But its still kinda slow.

    Update : My console is now perfectly working.

    submitted by /u/ForgottenM8
    [link] [comments]

    Can i turn off the rapid fire on the chat pads? If not, is there a way i can suggest it or something ?

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:52 PM PST

    So turns out that games that take full use of keyboards are compatible with chat pads. VERY convenient. Problem is i can't charge attacks by holding a key down due to the chat pad's auto firing. Any way around this?

    submitted by /u/MailBroKarlMalone
    [link] [comments]

    External hard drive not working

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 12:31 PM PST

    Hey this is my first time posting here, but when I got on my Xbox today I found that almost all of my games had been uninstalled. The hard drive it's self is no longer showing the white light as well as making a vibration with a buzzing big noise. Has anyone ever had this problem? And does anyone know how to fix it? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Dragons26
    [link] [comments]

    Question about Xbox One longevity

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:42 AM PST

    Hi. My autistic 15 year old has come to the realization that he wants to upgrade our old 360 to the Xbox One. My question is, how long do you believe Microsoft will support this console? Does it make sense to drop the 300 on the X1X bundle, or would it behoove me to wait for the Xbox Black to come out in the fall. (Xbox Series X is a stupid name.) His birthday is in July, so it isn't any rush, but some feedback to someone who is old enough to remember when Sega Genesis was the most amazing platform I'd ever seen, would be appreciated. Thanks.

    submitted by /u/ChefJim27
    [link] [comments]

    Don't know if this is any good, but got a one month Xbox game pass ultimate today if anyone wants it, please comment If you use it, so someone else doesn't waste their time.

    Posted: 23 Feb 2020 08:34 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment