• Breaking News

    Monday, May 24, 2021

    Xbox One - [TECH] Weekly Xbox One Tech Support

    Xbox One - [TECH] Weekly Xbox One Tech Support


    [TECH] Weekly Xbox One Tech Support

    Posted: 24 May 2021 12:00 AM PDT

    This is the thread where subscribers should bring their Xbox support issues. The collective experience of the Xbox community is one of the most powerful tools to help you fix any gaming issue, and we've been seeing some awesome responses. We love to see gamers helping gamers!

    There will also be Xbox support team members who will be helping moderate and provide solutions and can be recognized by their "Official Support" flair. We'll try to provide support right here in the thread but won't be able to respond to every single question. We might redirect you to Support.Xbox.com to contact one of our support teams or send you a private message if that's the best way to help. The Xbox Support team members won't respond to requests for help with third party products or situations that would violate the Terms of Use, Community Standards, or void a product warranty.

    Let us know what you need help with! We're here to help you with Xbox services, games, hardware, social features, and more. Thank you for being part of the Xbox community!

    When posting a question, please include the following information

    • For console issues - your console type (One S, S All-Digital, One X, or original) and whether or not it is on an insider OS build.
    • For controller issues - whether the controller is standard first-party, Elite, Adaptive, or third-party.
    • For headset issues - the brand and model of the headset.
    • For game issues - if the game is disc-based, digitally owned, accessed via Game Pass, or accessed via Game Share with another user.
    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Microsoft has turned the Surface Duo into a handheld Xbox

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:06 AM PDT

    After Mass Effect, EA's Best Option For A Remaster Trilogy Is Dead Space

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:29 PM PDT

    Maneater is now available on gamepass

    Posted: 24 May 2021 05:28 PM PDT

    After coming home from work today, my wife surprised me with this in our living room! Needless to say, I’m one lucky guy! What game should I download first?! P.S. It’s my first time posting here, so I hope this isn’t against rule 8!

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:30 PM PDT

    A friendly reminder to activate 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) for your Microsoft/Xbox account in order to prevent it from being hacked/compromised. Link and setup guide included. ��

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    Hello everyone, a while back I posted here just to get people thinking about their security online and how to best protect their Microsoft (Xbox) accounts. I just thought I may as well just put another reminder on here for those who could maybe do with buffing their account security in an attempt to minimise the chances of accounts being hacked or compromised. There would be nothing worse than this, especially if the account is an important email you use, not to mention the money and time investment we all put in to the games we have on our accounts. First i would like to direct you to the link below showing just how effective 2FA is at protecting your account, stopping 99.9% of account hacks: https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.zdnet.com/google-amp/article/microsoft-using-multi-factor-authentication-blocks-99-9-of-account-hacks/

    What Microsoft offers in terms of security is excellent so i suggest you use it. to activate 2FA on your account follow the instructions here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4028586/microsoft-account-turning-two-step-verification-on-or-off

    Basically, 2FA adds an additional lair of security to your account. Now, when you sign in you will need your email, username and a 6-8 digit code sent to either your phone, email, or authentication app (see point 2 below) to be successful. This means that even if some malicious person stole your login details from another breached site it would not be enough for them to take control of your account which is great! Most people shy away from 2FA because they cant be bothered with the 10 second nuisance of putting in a code every time you login. Well the good news is that once you set it up and login to your Xbox for the first time you will have to put in the code only once, it will then become a trusted device and you will now sign in as normal from n ow on as if nothing has changed.

    Just because it is possible, I would also recommend setting up 2 backup methods just in case for whatever reason you are locked out your account, this can be done in security settings and you can add an email or a phone number. Its just another way to prove you own the account if you ever need it which you hopefully never will.

    Also, in Microsoft security settings you can also find the "recent activity" tab. This shows you all the logins that your account has had in the past 30 days. It also shows you the IP address, location and "activity" that was carried out. Just have a quick check here and make sure its all you. If its not, simply change your password and report it as suspicious activity (there's a button for this).

    Bonus points: 1) make sure you use a strong and unique password for your account, not something that can be easily guessed, personally I would aim for 16+ characters with symbols etc. By unique I mean using a password that does not get used or exists anywhere else. What happens if you use the same password and email for multiple things? Well, some site you may have signed up to years ago gets breached and all the users info is stolen including emails and passwords, wont take long before some criminal tries these credentials elsewhere to see if the user uses the same login info everywhere. Why would they do this? because certain accounts can provide more sensitive info which could be used to target bank accounts, and some accounts (for example social media handles or gaming accounts) can be sold for cash, or maybe to steal the digital games you own. I cannot reinforce this point enough: DO NOT USE THE SAME PASSWORD ACROSS VARIOUS SITES.

    2) Use a 2FA app rather than mobile if you can. Mobile SIM cards can be swapped or cloned and codes could even be intercepted. I know this me be bordering on paranoia for some but there are cases of it happening. Although this would most likely be a very targeted attack on an individual you never know these days with the rate at which technology advances and I would say its always good to stay ahead of the curve. I recommend the app called Authy I use it for all my 2FA. Microsoft has its own app called Microsoft authenticator and it does the exact same thing. Instead of getting a code to your phone you get an instant one that changes every 30 secs from your app.

    3) If you have credit/debit cards saved on your account that are not used for subscriptions, remove them. Better safe than sorry. The only subscription I have is Xbox live that I purchase yearly so i just add my card then buy it then remove my card again right away.

    4) you can use haveibeenpwned.com to search for your email address and it will tell you if it has been leaked in any breaches, if it has just change its password. you can also search this same site to see if your password has appeared in any leaks.

    Lastly, the reason I decided to post on here about such a thing is because every so often I see posts with people who have lost access to their accounts or have had their accounts hacked and it kills me. My brother had a PS4 account with more than £1000 of digital content hacked and it was just awful spending months to recover it. You may get the money back but the time many of us spend levelling up characters or having fun is something which is priceless and we cant claim back.

    Anyways, I hope I have at least encouraged a few people to activate 2FA and give their account security a once over to keep it up to date. The majority of us will probably never need to worry about being hacked, but if you use the above tips, 99% of criminals wouldn't even bother trying.

    Happy Gaming and stay safe! :)

    submitted by /u/Bango-Fett
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox sale round-up: May 25th, 2021

    Posted: 24 May 2021 05:09 PM PDT

    [Giveaway] [Raffle] Biomutant Digital Code for Xbox!

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:00 PM PDT

    Comment with your gamertag and that's it. One comment per person or you'll be disqualified. I don't want multiple comments skewing the results. Good luck everybody! The giveaway will end 9:00 PM tonight and I'll send the code to the winner!

    AlkaloidSK was the winner! Entered about 250 names into a website that randomly picked.

    submitted by /u/OstaPasta
    [link] [comments]

    Took apart my elite series 2 controller and have no idea where this came from. Anyone here know?small opaque plastic piece

    Posted: 24 May 2021 07:42 PM PDT

    14 day free gold. Last digits are 9MJCZ. I don't need it and it dosent have to go to waste.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:15 PM PDT

    Biomutant Review

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:12 AM PDT

    This Weeks Spotlight Sales and Deals with Gold

    Posted: 24 May 2021 05:03 PM PDT

    Klobrille knows of 5 triple a xgs + Bethesda games that will be revealed this summer

    Posted: 24 May 2021 10:38 AM PDT

    The Medium

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:56 PM PDT

    Finally had to pick up a Series S bc my one x died and I couldn't get a series x. Have been wanting to play this game since i first saw it and finally can. So far it hasn't disappointed. I'm a couple hours in so far and I love it

    submitted by /u/CultBro
    [link] [comments]

    Dying Light Platinum Edition Leaked, Includes Dozens of Skins and DLCs

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:31 AM PDT

    What do I do.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:11 PM PDT

    Perk giveaway hopefully someone gets some use out of these

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:06 PM PDT

    Heres a free code for Sea of Thieves. I switched to Playstation and have no use for it. Happy monday

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:21 PM PDT

    I love how this game was so over the top it still struggles to run on a one S a whole generation after its release in 2008. Still my favourite Xbox exclusive, and I wish as many games could be as unforgiving as Ninja Gaiden 2.

    Posted: 24 May 2021 02:20 AM PDT

    Heres a code for forza horizon 3, I switched to Playstation this gen. Happy Monday

    Posted: 24 May 2021 01:20 PM PDT

    Dolby Vision on the Apple TV App and Spotify Video Podcasts Coming to Xbox

    Posted: 24 May 2021 08:00 AM PDT

    Any good co-op games you could recommend for a 6 and 7 year old?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 12:01 PM PDT

    My 7 year old has beaten cuphead, so I'd say he's a certified gamer. My daughter loves to play games too.

    They've been playing mostly on their switch but I just recently got the game pass for the Xbox and would love any suggestions, thanks!

    submitted by /u/NowHeresTheNews
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox series x to xbox one

    Posted: 24 May 2021 04:19 PM PDT

    So my brother has the series x and I have his old one, I have most of the games I want to play but there are multiple (cod black ops 2 which I want to play because I grew up on it, and cod ghosts) that aren't on mine but they're on his and I tried network transferring, and I have a few gb on bo2 and a few mb on ghosts and I have a few dlcs that installed but now for some reason all say "installation stopped" and I press resume and my xbox has a seizure for a few seconds and then, nothing, no games started. Can anyone help this is kinda annoying.

    submitted by /u/EdibleLiquid_
    [link] [comments]

    My left trigger no longer functions, what should I do?

    Posted: 24 May 2021 03:50 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment