• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 9, 2021

    Xbox - Series X went POOF

    Xbox - Series X went POOF


    Series X went POOF

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 07:14 AM PST

    So after a few rounds of Halo MCC, in which I noticed that it kept blanking the screen, finished and turned it off into standby mode. Shortly after the light on the power button of the console turned off, I hear this rather audible pop in the general direction of where the XSX is so I go over to investigate. As I'm sitting down I can smell the unmistakable smell of burnt electronics. Frantically trying to figure out the source, I get to the XSX, it refuses to turn on. Then I realize the smell originated from it, especially after I unplugged it and moved it into the kitchen to take another look. I think if the lights in the living room were still on that I might have actually noticed/seen smoke? I've smelled a VRM fail before on a very old graphics card in a computer years ago. It smoked a little bit and smelled just like it.

    Sadly not a good start considering it's about 5-6 weeks old. I'll get to experience the warranty return process, so thankfully there's that at least. Curious what died on it. The most prominent source of the burnt smell was the small vent above the HDMI and power ports, if it's sitting down horizontally (so not on the frisbee stand). I thought PSU but that's practically on the other side entirely.

    submitted by /u/hceuterpe
    [link] [comments]

    New Xbox for the new game that I will finally be able to play after a while

    Posted: 08 Feb 2021 07:14 PM PST

    What underrated game do you think deserves more love? I think murdered soul suspect is super underrated.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 02:55 AM PST

    For anyone who wants it

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:18 PM PST

    Bought TV that says 120 Hz Refresh Rate but Xbox Says 120 FPS is not Supported

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:35 PM PST

    What Are Your Favourite Game Pass Titles?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 09:30 AM PST

    I absolutely love Game Pass because there are so many great games on there, and I was wondering what everyone's favourites are?

    Some of mine are New Super Lucky's Tale, Max: The Curse of Brotherhood, Drake Hollow, Slay The Spire, Battletoads, and Slime Rancher, but that's just off the top of my head.

    How about you guys?

    submitted by /u/MelikaJ93
    [link] [comments]

    Can't play games like Skyrim and Ori and the blind forest offline

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:54 AM PST

    My connection at home is really awful and doesn't work most of the time. Which is why I mostly play single player games. But everytime my connection goes off my xbox refuses to let me play Skyrim, Ori, and my other games I bought and own. It keeps telling me to log into my account but I can't do that without the internet. How do I fix this?

    submitted by /u/SorrowfulSouls
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox games freezes for a few seconds, goes back to normal, then freezes again.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:05 AM PST

    I have been searching and I can't find anything so this is my last hope. I mainly playing rocket league and minecraft, not very annoying games to have freeze. Basiclly once I'm in the game every 10-15 seconds or so it freeze for a short amount of time and then go back to normal, and then it just repeats itself. What can I do?

    submitted by /u/23viper12
    [link] [comments]

    XSX - Every time I change my controllers batteries I have to hard reset the console for it to pair again.

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 10:12 AM PST

    I'm using Duracell rechargable AA batteries. I get the warning that the controller's batteries are low and so I find a safe spot to power off the controller. I do so by just popping out the batteries. I swap in the newly charged pair. Then power up the controller and nothing... it just blinks.

    Power cycling the controller does nothing, it sill just blinks slowly like it is looking for the system.

    I do normally play with a Turtle Beach headset, but this seems to happen with or without the headset adapter attached. (I like the mute button being on the controller.)

    Soft reset on the console doesn't work.

    I have to hold power for 3 seconds, let it fully shut down, then as it boots it will see the controller and sync.

    I haven't tried it with a different controller yet. I only have one XSX controller.

    Any tips on how to fix this? It is killing me on almost a nightly basis.

    submitted by /u/Team_Braniel
    [link] [comments]

    How do I connect my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 Headset to my Hp Omen 15 without the adapter?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:36 AM PST

    I am trying to connect my Turtle Beach Stealth 600 to my Hp Omen 15 but I head that an adapter is needed but I do not have one. Is there a way I can connect the headset to the laptop without the adapter?

    submitted by /u/Atomic9393
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox Series S External Hard Drive

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:02 AM PST

    Can someone recommend what options can be used for a external hard drive for the series S ? I see you can buy one made for Xbox for like $250, will the older Xbox one drives work also?

    submitted by /u/cakefarts88
    [link] [comments]

    [Deal] The Witcher 3: Wild Hunter Game of the Year Edition (Xbox One/Series X|S Digital Download) on sale for $9.99

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 06:13 AM PST

    What happen whit your progress when you switch to Series X|S?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:26 AM PST

    Im just thinking about buying Civilization VI for my Xbox one, but as soon as is posible for me I want to buy me a Series X during this year, and, well, Civilization is a long game with a lot of replayability, so I´m worried of my progress once I can switch to the new generation, what happens with it? I can download all the game data and progress if I start on Xbox One? Should I wait for the Series X to start playing this kind of long games? Already look for some information on google but I just dont understand very well how is it supossed to work, and if can´t transfer my progress I think I just will wait for the Series X

    submitted by /u/ruulox
    [link] [comments]

    Is there some way I can record my voice in clips?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 05:56 AM PST

    Please allow me to remove followers from my account!

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:42 AM PST

    I value my privacy online - and I don't want xbox live to allow others to follow me without my permission. I don't want any follows, ever. This has been posted here before. It's been a request of the gaming community for years. Why is this so hard? Just make being followed optional under privacy settings. Why is this still a thing after five or more years?

    submitted by /u/AnonymousSchoolTeach
    [link] [comments]

    Do Game Clips Account for TV/Monitor Settings

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I'm trying to show my friends a comparison between video settings I have. Some of the settings are done in game, but many of the tv's settings have been adjusted. If I take a game clip of gameplay with these settings, will it only show the in game settings, or does it account for TV settings?

    submitted by /u/StellarLime911
    [link] [comments]

    Switching from console to pc

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 08:10 AM PST

    I got the Xbox app on PC and have Game Pass Ultimate. If I install games that I played on my Xbox onto my PC, will the progress I've made transfer over or will I have to restart my games from the beginning?

    submitted by /u/catmom81519
    [link] [comments]

    Email Address Removal

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:36 PM PST

    This is a bit difficult to explain as I don't even fully understand what's going on, but I'll try my best.

    Whenever I purchase something on my Xbox my dad gets an email about the purchase (I believe a purchase receipt, but I don't have access to his email so I'm not sure). I assume we set something up for it years ago when I was a kid and I got my Xbox One, but now I'm an adult and using my own debit cards to pay for games and the like so I don't want him getting emails about my purchases. It should be noted I also made an outlook email for the console when I first got it, he does not have access to this account and I don't get receipt emails to this account anyway.

    I've checked everywhere under Account in the settings on my Xbox: Family Settings, Sign-in, Linked Socials, Privacy and Online Safety, Remove Accounts, etc. and the only email address mentioned is my aforementioned outlook account. I checked on the Microsoft website under contact information, still it says the only email associated with my account is my outlook email.

    Has anyone else experienced this issue? Or does anyone have a solution?

    submitted by /u/Atlas15264
    [link] [comments]

    Anthem? Who’s enjoying it?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 01:24 PM PST

    Who is enjoying anthem in 2021? Why or why not?

    submitted by /u/TheLastPharoah
    [link] [comments]

    Help me remember an old game

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:59 PM PST

    Probably not much help, but there was an old game that I recently remembered. All I remember is that the main character was in a full set of blue armour, could run super fast and jump very high, set in a post-apocalypse type city (I think) you could use concrete on the end of rebar as a weapon.

    I used to play it around 2011-2014 on the Xbox 360

    I can't remember what it's called and it's bugging me

    submitted by /u/Tburns40
    [link] [comments]

    Game crashing Xbox one

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:54 PM PST

    Is anybody else's game constantly crashing especially on Fortnite like every 10 mins any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Paul_Norton11
    [link] [comments]

    External memory suggestion plz?

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 12:37 PM PST

    I've read some pretty bad reviews for the actual external drive Microsoft sells, so I'm looking for any suggestions on an external drive, preferably in the same price range or a little higher.

    submitted by /u/wyld101
    [link] [comments]

    USB type C monitors

    Posted: 09 Feb 2021 11:36 AM PST

    I have a USB-type C monitor and I am wondering if I got an HDMI to USB Type C adapter, if it would work with my xbox series s

    submitted by /u/QueggMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment