• Breaking News

    Monday, August 10, 2020

    Xbox - Beauty

    Xbox - Beauty


    Beauty

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 02:47 AM PDT

    So awhile back I found this Xbox One for $40 at the thrift store and at first I thought it didn't work, it turned out the power brick was dead and I got it replaced. To my surprise it was still on firmware from 2016 and it had a copy of WWE 2K17 inside. Who remembers this menu? Lol

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Microsoft's cheaper next-gen console named Xbox Series S, leak shows

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 05:51 AM PDT

    What button is this wanting me to press? I have pressed every button on the controller and I can’t saber throw :(

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Found these gems while cleaning today.

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:32 AM PDT

    I can’t wait for Halo Infinite!

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:19 AM PDT

    Guess the rumors are true and leaks are from the looters in Chicago (spotted this on fb marketplace locally)

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:00 AM PDT

    Microsoft’s new Xbox Series S console confirmed in leaked controller packaging

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    xbox games only opening on one account

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:37 PM PDT

    recently i bought a new xbox 360, as my old one had the red dot of death and stopped working. i had bought a few games such as portal2 on there, and they worked perfectly.

    after setting up the new 360, portal2 won't open on any account except the account it was bought on. my brother found a way to open it on another account but it takes ages and doesn't seem right.

    does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it??

    submitted by /u/pakistaniya
    [link] [comments]

    Why is finding "This Week on Xbox" from the dash so difficult?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:17 AM PDT

    Xbox seems to change their dashboard almost every month, and some tabs seem to just go away. With the depreciation of both Mixer and the News tab, locating "This Week On Xbox" clips has been much more difficult. I know I could just use the YouTube app, but I don't get why they wouldn't have the weekly clips readily accessible through the dashboard.

    Does anyone know where the new episodes live within the dashboard, or are they only accessible from the YouTube app?

    submitted by /u/NewJack_Raven52
    [link] [comments]

    Is this anything? Xbox to change references to “Xbox Live” in TOS to “Xbox online service”

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 08:25 AM PDT

    This is probably nothing, but I thought it was interesting enough to mention and see if anybody thought it meant something. The updates to the Microsoft Services Agreement include a note that:

    "In the Xbox section and throughout the Terms, we've updated the Xbox heading, changed Xbox Live to refer to Xbox online service, and refer to Xbox consoles, rather than Xbox One and Xbox 360 consoles."

    It's possible that they're just looking to make the term more inclusive, just like with the Series X on the way they're removing references to specific Xbox consoles, but I read it as possible that they're going to remove the Xbox Live branding or possibly combine it with something else. Maybe they intend to roll it in with Game Pass and kill Live off entirely?

    submitted by /u/SigmaPhi0
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox one X fan goes up and down

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 11:16 AM PDT

    All of a sudden, my fan is revving up and down. Not loud but still, No matter what game. The console is 4 months old. I still have warranty, should I send it in? Is that normal?

    submitted by /u/RealJaySilva
    [link] [comments]

    Controller Part Name?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Hi! I have a Sport White Special Edition Pro Controller and recently bought a charging stand for it. When it came I realized the battery backplate used specifically for charging was missing. After much googling, I wasn't able to find any part like it and was wondering what the official name for the part is so I can properly look it up. I'm specifically looking for the battery cover with a hole in it that allows for charging. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Cassey467
    [link] [comments]

    A blast from the past

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    Got a copy of Gears of War 2 today and I found an unused code for the Flashback Map Pack, do these still work and are they worth anything?

    https://imgur.com/a/n8yx8Zv

    https://imgur.com/a/x27hYFI

    submitted by /u/Rich246
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Controller

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    I am using the xbox accessories app to configure my xbox elite controller.

    I am unable to map buttons to the paddles on the back of the controller. It does allow me to map from the paddles but it does not let me map to the paddles.

    Any suggestions?

    submitted by /u/pchambo
    [link] [comments]

    Even though I got a gaming PC a few days ago, I'm going to still us my Xbox controller for story games! It's the best controller ever made imo, it feels so good

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 08:24 PM PDT

    Custom one x green led’s

    Posted: 09 Aug 2020 10:15 PM PDT

    Is there a blacksmithing game for xbox?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 01:23 PM PDT

    Xbox app on PC won't let me sign in

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:41 PM PDT

    As per the title, the Xbox app on PC refuses to let me sign in. The account is fine on the website, its fine on my One X, and the app allows me to sign into other accounts but not the one I need to sign in with.

    I've followed their troubleshooting steps that come up with "more info", I've followed the Yes/No questionnaire on their support website, I've restarted my PC and I've un/reinstalled the app, I have no idea what to do here, so I'm coming to y'all for help.

    submitted by /u/JakeALakeALake
    [link] [comments]

    Can not change install on Xbox pc app

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:15 PM PDT

    Can not change install on Xbox pc app

    I am trying to pre load flight simulator on my D drive but get the xbox app says "This location isn't set up for installing games". To fix this it says to change the location where apps are saved, but when i do this i get an error. If anyone knows how to fix this your help would be appreciated.

    https://preview.redd.it/2glw5i2w58g51.png?width=1031&format=png&auto=webp&s=0e6510c34f838cead0528fae78f5d7a33c07322f

    https://preview.redd.it/6cakvc0x58g51.png?width=1204&format=png&auto=webp&s=176215e5d28b29a3c585adf89768eaf1f52b3120

    submitted by /u/SniperSlayerss
    [link] [comments]

    From my perspective, Microsoft and Xbox have a unique challenge with Halo that Nintendo and Sony don't really have with their core exclusive franchises. What do you think?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 12:08 PM PDT

    Hello, I don't really post on this forum. So I'm not familiar with the sort of conversation that goes on here and I apologize if threads discussing the Xbox and how it relates to other game consoles aren't very popular here

    I love the Xbox brand and the Halo franchise and while I've never dabbled much in either, I'm planning on picking up an Xbox Series S (I think a Series S is rumored right?) and Halo Infinite as close to launch as I can because I want to support the Xbox and I LOVE that Microsoft wants to keep supporting the One along with the Series X for a few years. I think that is a brilliant, consumer friendly decision

    As I said, I'm not really what you would call an Xbox gamer. I'm a Nintendo guy but I love and appreciate videogames in general, even if I don't necessarily play all sorts of games, I like to appreciate what is offered by them

    Lately I've thought a lot about what some feel is an uphill battle for Xbox consoles; exclusive games. Nintendo is a house built on their exclusive franchises and Sony has done a great job with exclusive, in-house titles during the PS3 and PS4 era. Some say that Microsoft has been playing catch up on this aspect of gaming (and I'm not trying to ruffle feathers here) and I think it's fair to say that with the studios they have acquired to form Xbox Game Studios

    I love how aggressive Microsoft has been with acquiring talented studios and I'm excited to see what they come up with.

    I'm particularly excited to continue seeing what happens with Halo, the Xbox's core franchise. Halo seems to sort of be in a situation of growing pains. I think the reason for that is that when you compare Halo to any long-running AAA video-game series out there it has the unique challenge of always having to keep a story that takes itself seriously pushing forward with the same main character. Doing this without reaching a point of a story feeling convoluted seems impossible IMO

    Here are some examples of what I mean. Nintendo makes Mario games. They essentially always star Mario, just as Halo games typically always star Master Chief. But Mario games aren't always pushing forward a continued storyline, especially a storyline that is supposed to feel serious. So you can jump into Mario Odyssey without having to play Mario Galaxy 1 and 2 and be fine. Or Zelda games. You always play as Link, but you play as a Link. These games don't take continuity super seriously and most entries are largely self contained. But with Halo, Halo 4 continues so many story elements from the first 3, it can sort of be hard to just jump in

    Sony had the Uncharted series as their big 1st party franchise for a while, and they eventually moved onto something else (The Last Of Us), which helped avoid this problem I'm getting at; keeping a franchise forever continuing with the same main character pushing forward an unending plot

    Sony rebooted the God of War series and some positive things that came from that was remodeling the franchise into a genre and style that was less niche than the original games were and turning it into a more mainstream AAA experience that was an easy game to jump into for newcomers

    I don't want Halo to change its main character or genre, what I'm getting at is I can't really think of any other long-running AAA franchise that has to deal with the struggles of being a game that has a story that is serious and core to the game experience and generally always stars the main character. Final Fantasy? The core series always changes to a new cast of characters and new world every game. Metal Gear Solid? Well that series seems to be over, and it's one of the few titles I can think of that is comparable to the difficult situation Halo finds itself to be in.

    Resident Evil? It may be 8 games deep into a continuing story line but the main character of each game is always switched up and the story doesn't take itself too seriously and a lot of the time knowledge of the events of previous games isn't needed that much to understand what is going on in the current game

    So to summarize, I feel like Halo has this unique challenge that isn't experienced by other long-running AAA franchises; having to constantly be carrying forward the story lines of previous entries and while doing that, usually needing the game to star the same main character. This challenge is heightened due to Microsoft's reliance on Halo. They can't really just let the franchise take 4 or 5 year breaks here and there. And long-running storylines really begin to take a toll on franchises. Look at how a common complaint on American superhero comics is they are difficult to get into because the story histories are so daunting and characters often just seem to go through the same old thing

    Do you think I'm wrong in this being a unique challenge the Halo series has to deal with? Do you agree and have any ideas on how to overcome this challenge?

    Thanks for reading and I'm interested in hearing other thoughts on this

    submitted by /u/Use_Your_Illusion3
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox series X Question:

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:21 AM PDT

    Will the monthly free gold games on Xbox One transfer to Xbox series X?

    submitted by /u/TheColorW
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for a good FPS?

    Posted: 10 Aug 2020 06:09 AM PDT

    I've played COD, Battlefield, Titanfall, Doom, Metro, Borderlands, Farcry, Wolfenstein, Halo.

    Just looking for a good FPS - one on GamePass would be even better! Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/WWE_YuGiOh_Watson
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment