• Breaking News

    Friday, March 20, 2020

    Xbox - I bought a game digitally yesterday and still can't play it. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Xbox - I bought a game digitally yesterday and still can't play it. Anyone know how to fix this?


    I bought a game digitally yesterday and still can't play it. Anyone know how to fix this?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:41 AM PDT

    Showerthought: This is the only console sub that doesn't need to change names each generation

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 07:52 AM PDT

    Microsoft knows how to reddit.

    submitted by /u/manbearpyg
    [link] [comments]

    Can’t help me due to region. $10 Gift Card

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Free 1 month ultimate game pass

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 12:34 PM PDT

    1st time Xbox-- Digital or Disc version?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 10:47 AM PDT

    Hey, so I haven't played on a gaming system in YEARS but I've been wanting an Xbox for a little while now and with this global pandemic and everything, I think I might get one.

    It looks like the cheapest option is getting the disc-free X Box One, but there's also the version that's a little more expensive that can play discs.

    I don't think I'd play that many games on it, so is it worth getting the disc version? I like RP games and I was hoping to do Skyrim/GTA on it.

    submitted by /u/indieprep
    [link] [comments]

    I drew an Xbox exploded view

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    IS ANYONE ELSE PUMPED FOR DOOM?!?!

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:14 PM PDT

    Guys please help! The grips on my series 1 xbox elite controller are coming off! What should i do?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    My power supply unit cord is messed

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    Well, I was installing a game and I went to take a nap while it installed. I know it's shot, because I've tried to reset it doing the things I saw on the internet. What I'm trying to figure out is if it got hot because I didn't keep the intake holes clean (it does smell like it is a little burnt, but that could be just the regular smell of the hot power unit), or if it's just old. How can I prevent this in the future, thanks!

    submitted by /u/MintManager
    [link] [comments]

    Controller Light Blue Light, Wont Pair With Console

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:44 PM PDT

    has this happened to anybody else RN

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 11:35 AM PDT

    DOOM Eternal Launch and Free Play Days | This Week on Xbox

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:22 AM PDT

    My 360 sucks at getting a connection and it turns 100mbs wifi to 4

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:34 PM PDT

    Who's idea at Xbox after seeing unreliable console design thought that a USB wifi thing is good enough for the the 360 s

    submitted by /u/DiamondRocks22
    [link] [comments]

    Where does this 360 controller end goes?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:33 PM PDT

    No matter what Xbox won't connect to internet. Direct router plug, many resets, clear stuff. Why why why? Reads as connected but no internet access.....

    Posted: 19 Mar 2020 09:46 PM PDT

    Selling Xbox & Xbox 360 !

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:30 PM PDT

    Hi! I'm selling my original Xbox and xbox360 so I can save up for a PC! Let me know if you're interested!

    *Edit: I'm also selling the games that I have with it, I have at least 10 of them

    submitted by /u/rainbowmtndew
    [link] [comments]

    The Xbox Series X will be the go-to console for HDR gaming - here’s why

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 02:27 PM PDT

    If you're a fan of HDR gaming (and why wouldn't you be?), the Xbox Series X is shaping up to be the console of choice for those who love the beauty of high dynamic range.

    Microsoft's diminutive tower of power already has gamers salivating over its impressive technical specifications, but the company is ensuring that when you hook an Xbox Series X up to a HDR-compatible display, you'll be in for a visual (and nostalgic) treat.

    Unlike PlayStation 4, the Xbox One X already supports both HDR10 and Dolby Vision, which is noticeably missing from Sony's platform. Dolby Vision is Netflix's HDR standard of choice and has also been adopted by a growing library of 4K UHD Blu-Ray. It's safe to assume, then, that Xbox Series X will retain these features

    What's more, Sony is doubling down on priority tech for PS5, like its Tempest 3D audio instead of Dolby Atmos. Microsoft, meanwhile, created their own spatial audio tech for Xbox One - Windows Sonic - but also lets users choose Dolby Atmos, if they prefer.

    While we can confidently predict Sony won't be introducing a new display technology anytime soon (fingers crossed), it's refreshing to see that Microsoft is continuing to invest in more widely available standards, such as HDR.

    But what about the Xbox's wide, catalogue of backwards-compatibility treats? No one could have guessed that Microsoft would figure out a way to retroactively add HDR to older games, though. But that's exactly what it's managed to do, so now your classics will be HDR too.

    What's HDR to me?

    HDR, or High Dynamic Range, is a relatively new TV standard that lets you experience accurate colors, greatly improved contrast and more vivid pictures than what was previously possible with standard dynamic range televisions (SDR). That means you'll see brighter whites when viewing a snowy mountain top, deeper blacks during darker scenes and a greater spectrum of colors overall. Colors won't appear crushed or oversaturated, either, meaning you'll often be able to see more nuanced details that were previously hidden.

    HDR is a huge boon for video games in particular, as they often use exaggerated color palettes and feature explosive set pieces that take full advantage of HDR's capabilities. SDR content can look rather muted and flat in comparison, lacking the vibrancy and clarity that only HDR can provide.

    Imagine, then, if the Xbox Series X could inject a fresh lick of HDR paint to all the games you played years ago. But how would that work exactly?

    Old dog, new HDR tricks:

    During Digital Foundry's visit to Microsoft's HQ in Redmond, Washington, the team was shown the Xbox One X enhanced version of Halo 5: Guardians, running with a very convincing HDR implementation. Even though developer 343 Industries never shipped the game to include HDR support originally, Microsoft has found an ingenious way to add HDR into the game – developed from the state-of-the-art HDR implementation used in Gears 5.

    Microsoft ATG principal software engineer Claude Marais revealed that, by using a machine learning algorithm, the team was able to generate a full HDR image from SDR content – on any backwards compatible title

    And when Microsoft says any backwards compatible title can receive the HDR treatment – it means any title. The Digital Foundry team was stunned to see Fusion Frenzy – an original Xbox game that was released almost 20 years ago – running with real HDR.

    Microsoft's new HDR-mapping tech will extend across the entire Xbox library on Xbox Series X, and apply to the hundreds of compatible games that don't have their own bespoke HDR modes already.

    Some TV displays will ship with baked-in HDR-effect or HDR boost options – which aren't actually HDR proper. But Microsoft's technology creates exact heatmaps (instructions for the brightness settings) for the auto HDR tech to work from, ensuring the picture looks just as it should

    Retro makeover:

    Seeing classic Xbox titles get the HDR treatment for Xbox Series X is an enticing prospect, then, but Microsoft also has some other interesting ideas where its machine learning algorithm can be used, particularly when it comes to accessibility.

    "If you have people that cannot read well or see well, you probably want to enhance contrast when there's a lot of text on-screen. We can easily do that," Marias explained to Digital Foundry. "We talked to someone that's colorblind this morning and that's a great example. We just switch on the LUT and we can change colours for them to more easily experience the announcement there."

    There's no denying that Xbox Series X is a technically accomplished piece of technology, but Microsoft has ensured that its new console will make the most of the innovations available today, to help bring new life to the treasured games of the past

    Series X and HDR gaming

    submitted by /u/xDxrkSoul
    [link] [comments]

    Can I transfer money from one account to another?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:51 PM PDT

    Hi. When the new xbox releases I would like to use my Microsoft balance. First of all is this possible?

    Second of all (if the above is true) can I make an account for which to put money into (from gift cards etc.) At which by the time the new xbox releases I can transfer my balance from the second account to my main account of which I will (hopefully) be buying the new xbox once it comes out.

    submitted by /u/ReeceReddit1234
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to clean a sticking button on a remote without rubbing alcohol and I don’t even think it’s sticky it’s just sticking because I don’t eat with my remote

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:43 PM PDT

    Change in the gamer tag rules from mid-February to now?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:38 PM PDT

    So in February, me and a couple of my school friends decided to make an Xbox "Clan" by making our gamer tags be things such as " l A Griffin l " , " l Xiper l " , etc. I made my name " l Hydro l ", not realizing it would put the numbers at the end of my gamer tag in games. Now that I have enough money to change the gamer tag, comes my issue. I was still gonna keep the lowercase L's at the front and end of my name but Xbox will not let me change it to that specific format/name, even if I pick a name that nobody, and I mean NOBODY has chosen, it still won't work. Any help on why this is, and what I can do?

    submitted by /u/SinisterVevo
    [link] [comments]

    Can't get perfectly appropriate profile picture to stay up.

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:29 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get my pfp to stay as my custom one but it keeps changing back to the default.

    There is nothing wrong with it so I'm a little confused.

    submitted by /u/uhavethebigsad
    [link] [comments]

    I’m trying to express my live, anyone know how to fix?

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 01:24 PM PDT

    Bleeding Edge Launch Trailer

    Posted: 20 Mar 2020 09:24 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment