• Breaking News

    Saturday, February 1, 2020

    Xbox - How do you tell if the thermal paste needs to be replaced on the original Xbox?

    Xbox - How do you tell if the thermal paste needs to be replaced on the original Xbox?


    How do you tell if the thermal paste needs to be replaced on the original Xbox?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:55 AM PST

    I got a broken original Xbox the other day and I'm working on fixing it. It turns on but the light is red. I didn't actually get to see the light bc it was turned away from me and then once I got it home I discovered that my cord didn't fit so I couldn't test it myself. The person who tested it told me that it was overheating and considering that I didn't get to see the light for myself I'm taking their word for it.

    After I opened it up I noticed that the larger heatsink wasn't glued down anymore and was only being held in place by the plastic lever. It looked like the little chip had melted through the paste because there is a small rectangle where there is no thermal paste. here's how it looks.

    The smaller heatsink is still firmly glued down so I didn't mess with it because I figured it was still good. However, when I watched a tutorial on how to replace the thermal paste, they mentioned that if the heatsinks were still glued down that the thermal paste had gone bad. So now I'm not sure which one needs new thermal paste.

    (I know they both should get new thermal paste since the stuff they have is almost 20 years old, but I'm focusing on getting it to work before I do any general upkeep. Don't really wanna waste materials on something if it can't be fixed.)

    submitted by /u/grechtinjuarez
    [link] [comments]

    Would you like if the Xbox series x could play old windows games?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 05:38 PM PST

    Xbox Live Gold 14 day-trial

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 09:41 AM PST

    Bought a used Halo 5 Guardians Limited Edition to found out that digital gift where never used, included the Goldtrial.

    RBCJ9-FYR43-97GFM-HPXPQ-4QGD6

    First come First served!

    submitted by /u/TheGeeZus86
    [link] [comments]

    About redeaming codes

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:02 PM PST

    If I were to buy a code from the us for a game could I redeem it on a UK Xbox

    submitted by /u/alt----f4
    [link] [comments]

    PlatinumGames Was Evaluated by Microsoft for Acquisition Last Year

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 05:29 AM PST

    Microsoft announces the Xbox Bounty program

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:07 AM PST

    Is red dead revolver compatible with xbox one/ 360?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 07:25 PM PST

    I know you can't download it, but can the disc work?

    submitted by /u/maximusprime1207
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a cheap external hard drive anyone can recommend me. I’ve seen the xbox one but it’s 70-80 dollars

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Controller settings issue

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 11:10 AM PST

    Can anyone help me? I did the button mapping thing in settings and switched the buttons around and now it won't let me reset it. It says it's default settings but it's not, the controls are still remapped.

    submitted by /u/uhavelilpeen69
    [link] [comments]

    Ghost recon breakpoint

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:44 AM PST

    Cannot seem to figure out how to scroll through settings. Can Align the cursor over sidebar but can't get it to move up and down. My understanding is right stick should move the tab to scroll?

    submitted by /u/Brianbrod1
    [link] [comments]

    Is my original Xbox one going to need maintenance?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I bought my Xbox when the Xbox one was brand new, right when assassins creed 4 was new and the thing costed $600.

    I haven't done any maintenance to since I bought it, it runs fine and doesn't overheat or crash (often). But I'm curious what maintenance it might need since it's been running almost daily for 6 years

    submitted by /u/Halolavapigz
    [link] [comments]

    Renewing xbox game pass

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I have used my Microsoft account balance to pay for my xbox game pass in the past and I currently have well over the amount needed in my account. But all my xbox will let me pick is debit or paypal and when I even try using paypal or debit it doesn't let me enter anything it just crashes

    submitted by /u/115_marksman
    [link] [comments]

    Are servers down?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 10:40 AM PST

    A minute ago or 2, servers on a couple of games were either down or acting up really horribly, is this an Xbox server issue or just me?

    submitted by /u/Okyoungerboomer
    [link] [comments]

    So I tried to add friends on Xbox live but instead I got this

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 10:06 PM PST

    MW2/MW3 multiplayer still playable?

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 12:32 AM PST

    Today I bought a copy of the Modern Warfare triple pack for my Xbox One, I was eager to hop into the multiplayer and I've tried several times to play it but I'm not able to get into any working lobby.

    submitted by /u/Boritrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox turned off during a system update and now won't come back on

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:29 PM PST

    So during a system update my Xbox randomly turned off in the middle of it and now it's not coming back on. I've tried I'm plug in the power cord from the Xbox and unplugging it from the wall and doing both from the game and the wall. Also I tried pressing the Xbox button and holding the Xbox button on my controller and console and it makes a very faint Xbox noise on the console but does nothing. I don't know what to do.

    submitted by /u/PureWalker
    [link] [comments]

    How do i add more gold time

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 03:33 AM PST

    i have 3 months left of gold from the 1 year i bought 9 months ago, how do i add another year right now instead of it renewing on the 25th of april?

    submitted by /u/-EliteSam-
    [link] [comments]

    The update

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:23 AM PST

    So the update for Xbox is pretty cool I guess but I don't really like this update and how they updated the home screen if you see this Xbox make a option where you can change it back to normal Xbox one home screen please please I don't mind it but I loved the old one

    submitted by /u/shadowking231
    [link] [comments]

    My xbox won't let me play any games

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 06:20 AM PST

    Every time I open a game or an app, it says "random app took to long to open". I have turnt my xbox on and off and I've even restarted my router but nothing is working. I went to sleep last night with plans to continue playing Fortnite with my friends but I woke up to find a new home screen (and a bad one, at that) and none of my apps are opening, not even Netflix and Youtube. Also my first thought was my xbox live and game pass subscribtions had expired but I bought them halfway through January and none of the games I bought are working either. Please help or at least spread awareness if this is some sort of glitch or mistake on xbox's part.

    Edit: Also, fuck Fortnite, right guys? (Did I get it right this time?)

    submitted by /u/BadBoy65t
    [link] [comments]

    Streaming Super Bowl

    Posted: 01 Feb 2020 02:03 AM PST

    Hey there, I want to watch the super bowl on my Xbox, but I don't want to pay for DAZN oder Gamepass, is there an an app or would I just use edge ?

    submitted by /u/thulkee
    [link] [comments]

    Elite Series 2 USB 3

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Hello, im new to the sub, but I wanted to share to people that have the elite series 2 that on pc the controller is way smoother when used with a usb 3 port.

    Found this while playing fortnite, i used my ps4 controller because I always did bad with the elite controller, but when I plugged to the usb 3 port today I saw a big difference and I started playing better

    submitted by /u/Faurek
    [link] [comments]

    Xbox gold cancelled?

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 11:39 PM PST

    So I was looking at my subscriptions today and the 3 month subscription I got of xblgold is cancelled? It has only been a month and a few days (12/27/19) - (1-31-20). I also got game pass ultimate if that matters

    submitted by /u/ethankeary
    [link] [comments]

    DVD on All Digital

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 09:07 PM PST

    I got a Xbox One S All Digital for my birthday. I was wondering if there was any way to get my 360 games, which I own on disc, onto it. Rather it be me hooking up an external dvd drive or something. I'm not looking for hardware adjustments or anything. I doubt there is but I do have hope.

    submitted by /u/JustSay0ri
    [link] [comments]

    Repost Since Issue wasn’t answered or resolved: Can’t hear or talk to people on Xbox Companion with Windows 10 even though they are talking

    Posted: 31 Jan 2020 08:14 PM PST

    I can't hear people and they can't hear me but I can see myself talking on Windows 10

    Issue is as stated above have tried everything such as NAT Types are open Microphones enabled Tried both Normal and beta version of the app Leaving and rejoining Uninstalling and reinstalling through power shell Terminating and restarting All drivers are correct and updated

    If anyone knows how to fix this it would be appreciated

    submitted by /u/Chef_Tricky
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment