• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 29, 2020

    Xbox One - What Are You Playing Wednesday?

    Xbox One - What Are You Playing Wednesday?


    What Are You Playing Wednesday?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:09 AM PST

    Hello Xbox One Fans! It's your friendly AutoModerator here. I'd like to invite everyone to discuss what games they've been spending some time with lately. Feel free to give a short review, share gameplay images, videos, or give it a rating. Also while we're here, feel free to share your gamertag so that others can join you. For the rest of my weekly posts, check out the scheduled posts list!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Minecraft was the UK's best-selling new IP of the decade

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:48 AM PST

    Canadian here, this is the best possible thing to wake up to!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 11:28 AM PST

    My pet parrot making the "Xbox on" sound

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:53 PM PST

    Untitled Goose Game dev promises at least 1% of future revenues to Australian Indigenous groups

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:46 AM PST

    Satya Nadella: “Xbox Game Pass subscribers more than doubled in Q2 2020”. But Xbox content and services revenue also decreased by 11 percent in Q2 2020.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 03:11 PM PST

    I just finished Hellblade Senau's Sacrifice, and damn, what a game!

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:14 PM PST

    Between the sounds, visuals, gameplay, and story telling... I was blown away. It has some really creepy scenes and voices, and then there were breath taking scenes as well. The facial acting of the main character was insanely good. The puzzles were interesting and not to hard, the swordplay was fun albeit somewhat repetitive.

    Overall, 10/10, if you haven't checked it out on gamepass yet, I highly recommend it.

    submitted by /u/El_Coopacabre
    [link] [comments]

    Dead Cells First DLC: "The Bad Seed", launches February 11th, cost $4.99

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 01:45 PM PST

    A Plague Story: Innocence

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 05:13 PM PST

    Just beat the game and I highly recommend if you're into wild good graphics and superb story telling. Asobo Studios is now on my radar. Available on Gamepass.

    submitted by /u/Eththermadness
    [link] [comments]

    Digital Foundry takes a closer look at 'The Falconeer', developed by Tomas Sala & an Xbox/PC exclusive

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:29 AM PST

    Journey to the Savage planet, I am absolutely amazed at how fun and just gorgeous this game is. Typhoon really did an amazing job here and hoping to see more of this studio in the future. What is everyone else's thoughts?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 09:07 AM PST

    Fishing Sim World: Pro Tour now available on Xbox Game Pass

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:45 PM PST

    Sea Salt available now on Xbox Game Pass

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:40 PM PST

    The shit you get sent on Xbox One can't compare to the days of 360

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:00 PM PST

    Wasteland 1 remastered gameplay incoming

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 04:15 PM PST

    Avoid Antonline for hardware purchases. Especially the Elite Series 2 Controller.

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:36 PM PST

    TL;DR:Do NOT purchase an Elite Series 2 Controller through Antonline, but probably not anything else either, just in case you need to return it since their return policy is shady at best, and support non-existant.

    I've seen various posts (1, 2, 3) in the past warning others on Reddit about this reseller, but don't see anything recent, so I feel it's time for a refresher and worth sharing my headache of a story, especially with all of the issues plaguing the Elite Series 2 Controller.

    Now, just to clarify: I'm not stating a positive experience with this seller is impossible, it's entirely possible to get what you paid for in a timely fashion, but the likelihood of a positive experience seems to take a nose dive if there is anything wrong with the item. Their recent seller reviews on amazon seem to reflect the same quality experience I had, with currently 23% negative reviews in the last 30 days, 17% at 90 days, and 13% in the last 12 months. Most of the negative reviews focus on either their lack of post sale customer support if there's an issue, or charging restocking fees for defects.

    They also seem to throw up their hands if they receive negative feedback and state:

    "It's important to contact your reseller before leaving negative seller feedback. Once left help options are limited. If contacted before feedback we could have helped."

    This effectively tells me their attitude is: "Sorry, you shouldn't have complained, now we really won't help you. you get nothing." Go ahead if you don't believe me, it's the response on every single one of their negative amazon reviews.

    My favorite is their non existent defective return policy:

    All Potentially Defective Product claims should be sent directly to the manufacturer or warranty provider for evaluation and warranty support. Refer to the products' individual warranty policy for further information. See the Manufacturer's Contact List at the bottom of this page. Please note that 99% of initially diagnosed "Potentially Defective Products" turn out to be configuration or compatibility issues and are not "Defective Products".

    AKA: don't send us a defective return, you're clearly using it wrong, and you're getting a restocking fee.

    Anyway, on to the story: I received an Elite Series 2 Controller from a generous family member for Christmas (yay!), but as the story has been told over an over again, it was defective (boo!) and the A button would not consistently register, as verified in the xbox accessories app test screen. I would say roughly 1 in 10 inputs would not register, and if you pressed the top half of the button, forget about it. If you hit the button square on at full force it would work, but for a $180 controller there should not be dead zones.

    But, this was ordered through Amazon, or so I thought, and exchanging should be a breeze! How sorely I was mistaken. As with any item placed through amazon, 3rd party or not, you can use their fairly easy return system. There was no option to replace, even when indicating the item was defective, so I figured a return and reorder will do. Except the return label did not include return shipping. "That's odd," I think to myself, and go back through the process to make sure I actually selected that I was returning the item for being defective, and had the reason explained in the explanation box. I complete the process and see that there is contact information on the return page, and it seems strange require a customer to pay return shipping for a defective item, I give them a call, assuming a system glitch. The person I spoke to seemed reasonably helpful and pleasant, but apparently could not help with an amazon order, and the department that handles those only responds by email.

    Great.

    She tells me that they do not pay for return shipping. I mentioned the item is defective, and that's a pretty standard practice, can she please confirm with that area. She then explains that they will respond to the email on file the order was placed... but wait, I already told you this was a gift order. The original purchaser has nothing to do with the item at this point. After a deep sigh, she begrudgingly takes my email, repeating it back to me to ensure it's correct. ok, great, one step closer to resolving this.

    4 days go by (keeping in mind the return window is 14), and I've received no response. I get a confused text from my elderly mother, the kind soul who gifted the controller, asking if I was trying to return her gift. I did not want to get her involved, as my mom is the type of kind-hearted person who would apologize for unknowingly giving you a defective item, even if it was a very generous gift. I explain the situation, and she kindly offers to forward me the email.

    Thanks for reaching out! Please understand that shipping and handling fees apply to all returns. Thank you and have a great day, The Support Team at Antonline

    Uh, ok. Thanks. A response was sent to them reiterating that the item is defective, but no response was every received. OK, annoying, but I will pay for shipping, with tracking, and insurance, per their return policy. A total of $16.20 to ship back a defective gift.

    A few days go by, and 2 days after the returned controller had been received I get a notification from amazon:

    Refund on order XXXXXXXXXX sent you an Amazon.com Gift Card. You've received a $153.52 Amazon.com Gift Card!

    Wait, a $179.99 controller, plus tax, and I'm getting $27 less back than the item cost? Again, I reach out, but this time, learning my lesson about how they only respond by email, message them through amazon's messaging system.

    Hello, I recently returned an "Elite Series 2 Controller - Black" that I received as a gift, purchased from you, order XXXXXXXXX. The item was returned due to being defective, as was selected when submitting the return, and the defect was detailed in the notes. Your company refused to pay return shipping on a defective item, which I covered (a total of $16.20), and now have only been refunded $153.52 of the $179.99 of the item price. As noted in the return, the A button on the controller would not consistently register, and as such, is defective, and should not be subject to restocking fees. Please credit the remaining $26.47 balance of the item price at you earliest convenience, and again, since the item was defective, return shipping cost is typically covered by the company selling the defective item, it would be nice if you would credit my $16.20 shipping expense as well. I do plan on leaving a review based on how you handle this reasonable request. Thank you.

    As I had now read reviews of this company and how terrible their support is, and just how sensitive they are to bad reviews, my hope was that waving a good review carrot above their head would encourage them to actually treat customers like they should. Nope. I was wrong.

    2 hours later, I receive the following response:

    The returned item was tested and functioned perfectly. The Support Team at Antonline

    What? You're team is qualified to assess a well documented hardware issue, and come to the conclusion that my dozen hours of use of the controller are wrong (keep in mind, I was unaware of the issue prior to using the controller, but after one too many suspicious missed inputs led me to google "series 2 elite controller issues" which confirmed my suspicions and led to my additional testing in the accessories app)?

    At this point I was furious. Unresponsive, unhelpful, charging fees for defective items. How does a seller on Amazon get away with such terrible behavior? I do some research about my options and I discover Amazon's A-to-Z guarantee, and figure this may be the way to resolve my issue. After reading through the process, which is effectively an amazon managed dispute process and requires good faith effort to be made by both parties, so I reach out to Antonline one last time in hopes that they make it right. My final message to them was a bit lengthy, so I won't quote it here, but the effect was "the item is defective, if you found that is not the case your tests are inadequate. This is a well documented issue, here are 6 websites nothing this issue" then sent them half a dozen quotes from reddit users experiencing similar issues, and tell them to google it if they don't believe me. This was 5 days ago and I have yet to hear back from them.

    Eventually I filed the A-to-Z Claim, and while Amazon representatives are usually very quick to resolve an issue, apparently this process is a bit rocky when you try to file an A-to-Z Claim as a gift recipient, but the rocky experience I had filing the A-to-Z claim pales greatly in comparison to my horrific experience with Antonline. When I was done explaining the situation to the Amazon representative over the phone he literally paused for a second and just goes:

    "wow, that's bad."

    So in the end, my issue has been resolved, but of no thanks to Antonline. My next question is, if they deemed my defective controller as "function[ing] perfectly," are they planning to resell it as used, or open box, since they charged me a restocking fee?

    My advice would be to make sure you don't wind up receiving my returned defective controller by avoiding Antonline entirely.

    submitted by /u/hotpuck6
    [link] [comments]

    Draugen releases on Xbox February 21st

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:16 AM PST

    DiRT Rally 2.0 Colin McRae: FLAT OUT Pack Free for all Season owners on 24th March

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 06:02 AM PST

    Helheim Hassle - Announcement Trailer 2020

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 08:17 AM PST

    Underhero | Trailer | Xbox One

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 07:08 AM PST

    What are the best multiplayer games on Game Pass right now?

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 10:28 PM PST

    Stranded Deep – Relaunch Console Trailer | Coming Soon 2020

    Posted: 28 Jan 2020 10:40 PM PST

    My controller has been like this for awhile now does anyone know how to fix this or should I just get rid of it

    Posted: 29 Jan 2020 02:11 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment