• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 21, 2021

    Xbox - Had to say goodbye to my best friend today

    Xbox - Had to say goodbye to my best friend today


    Had to say goodbye to my best friend today

    Posted: 20 Jan 2021 06:01 PM PST

    Someone interesred? Redeem before 31 January

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 07:16 AM PST

    Not like I was gonna get one anyway...

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:16 PM PST

    Xbox owns both Bethesda and Obsidian. When the hell are they going to put a team together to remaster this giant? Missing out on big £$£$

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:20 AM PST

    Weird shadowing that also happens a different games

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:38 AM PST

    Giving Banjo-Kazooie the Zelda/Yoshi/Kirby treatment (different art styles/iterations), led by smaller up-and-coming studios, would be a great way move the franchise forward.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:04 PM PST

    I grew up in the N64 era, right at the height of Banjo Kazooie. I remember to this day picking up the cardboard box off the store shelf and being intrigued by the colorful, unique cast.

    Anyway, from Turok to Perfect Dark to Banjo, what made me transition into the Xbox ecosystem around 2009 was the hope that some of my childhood favorites would see continued growth in future console generations. That's been a mixed bag, obviously.

    To cut right to the point; I do assume that the Banjo-Kazooie franchise has two things going against it - both the nostalgic reverence for it as a great game, and the fact that it's a platformer aimed at a younger audience. I can see Microsoft just leaving it alone, since 3D platformers don't seem to be a thriving genre anymore.

    However, with my GamePass subscription, I finally gave New Super Lucky Tales a shot. It's nothing mind-blowing, but, honestly, it's pretty solid and "good enough" in terms of the void right now for that type of mascot platformer. Party of me wished they would have just done something that scale for Banjo.

    Which, as a Zelda fan, too, got me thinking. There must be other fans like me who really wish Banjo had some type of relevance and presence these days. I feel like trying to go toe-to-toe and match what Nintendo conjures up with the likes of Super Mario Odyssey as a platforming standard may be foolish. Trying to create a direct sequel to the previous N64 days may just be setting people up for disappointment, too.

    Instead, I wonder why they don't just market right off the bat that they're going to outsource the Banjo property to some new, up-and-coming developers and studios to flex some muscle with and bring new ideas to expand Microsoft's "family titles."

    Much like Zelda (as a premier franchise) or Yoshi and Kirby (as smaller examples) regularly do, you can reinvent the gameplay, look, style and more to offer both very broad, in-depth experiences, or offer short and experimental stuff. It seems like there's a lot of creative freedom there, and, sure, not all installments will be masterpieces, but there's a way to cultivate and modernize a new experience for people that love the characters. I don't really know anything about development costs, revenue scenarios and what would be "worthwhile" for Microsoft as a company, but you'd think doing SOMETHING with the Banjo franchise would be better than letting it collect dust forever, to the point that any attempts to revive will just get swallowed up by fears of a "letdown."

    I'd especially be interested in different art style takes for different games in the Banjo universe.

    That's a really long explanation, but I was wondering if anyone else thought this was a good idea, or if any other Microsoft property could benefit from this evolving "Zelda" approach?

    submitted by /u/Madwolf710
    [link] [comments]

    I got a WD password protected hard drive for Christmas, it has been amazing but today I accidentally unplugged it and now this is showing up every time I try loading a game, it still allows me to see what games are on the drive but not open them

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:54 AM PST

    My trusty One S controller that came with my Xbox has just now started to deteriorate on the left analogue stick, I know it wont be long before it gets bad, is there anyway to stop this from cracking more?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:26 AM PST

    A visual history of Xbox consoles(OC)

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:31 PM PST

    Microsoft removed the statistics and hours played features?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 06:29 AM PST

    Hi!

    It's something pointless, but I loved seeing my statics and the time that I expend in a game.

    During all Xbox One lifetime, we had this option, but now Microsoft removes this feature. I notice that after Gears 5 lunch, last year.

    The bizarre it's that the PS4 never has this feature and now has. The Switch has a simple version too.

    Who already has the Series S/X, knows that in the new gen this feature is available?

    So anyone knows why Microsoft removes the feature? Anyone miss this too?

    Thanks!

    submitted by /u/Taka_Colon
    [link] [comments]

    Thank you so much for all of the positive feedback on my last post! I also made a red set for the Series X controller so I figured I'd share it as well!

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 02:00 PM PST

    Xbox Game Pass Ultimate - Free 14 day trial. New customers only.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:56 PM PST

    Enjoy. Please comment when you've redeemed so nobody else wastes time.

    9JC2G MMV3Y VWVJ9 XX9CK P3WWZ

    submitted by /u/JacobRHurley
    [link] [comments]

    Does game pass work on OG Xbox One

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:22 AM PST

    I want to get a cheap og Xbox one on eBay for game pass so before I buy anything, do it work is if it does is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/videogamebruh
    [link] [comments]

    I need an achievement worth eight gamerscore or three gamerscore.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:42 PM PST

    I'm currently at 49747 and the fact that the last number isn't a 0 or a 5 is annoying way too much.

    Any suggestions? :)

    submitted by /u/OhhWolves
    [link] [comments]

    I opened up my Xbox for some repairs and later found this on my desk, does this belong to the console?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:34 PM PST

    Xbox OG

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 12:32 PM PST

    Hi guys, new to the channel;

    Anybody know what form factor the original Xbox or 360 is. I'm thinking about custome building it into a pc case.

    submitted by /u/ChrisVengeful24
    [link] [comments]

    Ultimate Games Pass Trial

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 05:52 AM PST

    What are some good xbox 360 games you guys used to play?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 11:06 AM PST

    Kinda need ideas on what OG 360 games to get, cant think of the ones i used to have like 7 years back but when i hear one i recognise i'll probably clock on

    submitted by /u/hamburgerhelper69_
    [link] [comments]

    "To play this, you will need to buy it." I own the game.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:14 PM PST

    Since Hitman 3 came out I've been unable to play as this error message keeps popping up. My purchasing history shows I've payed for it and when it takes me to the game on the store is says I can play it. I've deleted it, redownloaded it and restarted my xbox multiple times. I'm not gamesharing with anyone either, any help would be appreciated. Xbox one btw.

    submitted by /u/DoorlessDoorD
    [link] [comments]

    My X-Box One S appears to be dead

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 08:14 AM PST

    Hey guys, I've been Googling like a madman trying to find a fix that works... figured I'd finally ask the experts of Reddit if they had any ideas.

    I took my One S over to a friend's house this last weekend, but when I brought it home it seemed to no longer be working. It will make the initial start up beep, the power button will be lit for a moment, and then it will die. After that it doesn't respond at all unless I unplug it from the wall and plug it back in again. I tried holding down the eject button and the pairing button at the same time and then pressing the power button, pressing the eject button repeatedly, and even bought a new power chord... all supposed fixes that were suggested in my search for answers. Nothing works. It sucks because I got 4 new games between my birthday and Christmas, one of which is currently stuck in there.

    So yeah. Any thoughts? I'd rather not send it in because my warranty is long expired and I don't want to shell out $150+ for Microsoft to repair it. Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/GoronMafiaBoss
    [link] [comments]

    Series X Can’t Handle Roblox

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:12 PM PST

    My Series X is crashing on roblox constantly but can run any other game just fine. Anyone know why?

    submitted by /u/luacrio7642
    [link] [comments]

    Black Screen issue that started just this morning

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    So, I got the black screen issue on my One X today, googled solutions, did the hold power and sync button to do the system reset thing, kept my games and apps, went through all that, and it's working fine again.

    But then I went to sign back in to Disney+, and after getting to the code screen, the screen flashed and went right back to black again...

    Here's what I'm most confused about. I have a TCL Series 6 for my TV, One X is plugged into HDMI 1, and my old R2-D2 360 is plugged into HDMI 2. If I swap those inputs, both work fine. But my One X has now black screened twice on the HDMI 1 port it's always been plugged into. I'm really hoping it's not issues with that port or something.

    Anyone have any ideas on what's going on, a new update or something overnight causing these issues? I am in the Alpha ring of the Insiders Program as well, so I know bugs can happen.

    submitted by /u/DemonicMRX11
    [link] [comments]

    How it's going hunting for a console

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 01:00 PM PST

    Every other comment or post about buying a Series X: "Finally got one today, worth the wait! I already have 5 of them and 2 PS5's, but this will be great in my second man cave. Good luck everybody!"

    submitted by /u/Uncle_Budy
    [link] [comments]

    Game Pass Ultimate 14 Day Free. Redeem bu 3/22/2022

    Posted: 21 Jan 2021 10:40 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment